Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Setlist in the NE 6

Postby cki69 » 21 Jun 2018, 20:16

Well, the NE6 manual says that "programs and pages can also be organized using the Nord Sound Manager" so maybe that is only an option that comes up when you are actually attached to an NE6?

That would be good - the screenshot in the manual did not show such a register though... Maybe they add this later as they did with the Setlist-Feature...
cki69

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Sponsor

Postby anotherscott » 21 Jun 2018, 21:50

cki69 wrote:
Well, the NE6 manual says that "programs and pages can also be organized using the Nord Sound Manager" so maybe that is only an option that comes up when you are actually attached to an NE6?

That would be good - the screenshot in the manual did not show such a register though

Right. The text describes the feature, but there is no screenshot illustrating it. (Really there's lots of stuff that is described without screenshots.)
anotherscott

Postby Arjan P » 22 Jun 2018, 01:26

Reading through this topic as an innocent bystander (owning neither NE5 nor NE6) it seems to me the NE6 has at least a very clunky derivative of what setlists in the NE5 are. Just my 2 cents..
Arjan P

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby anotherscott » 22 Jun 2018, 01:51

I agree Set Lists were better, but as long as you don't need too many songs, you can pretty much still do the same things. I think they made the change because it's simpler, without another mode or the concept of pointers which some people find confusing.
anotherscott

Postby cki69 » 22 Jun 2018, 22:06

well., if they thought it was confusing, why did they implement it in the stage 3?
I will wait for an update if that might come. I m also not happy with the EQ possibillities which are also a drawback in my opinion.
Fortunately, Nord provides updates and often listens to their customers...
cki69

Postby chatfd » 23 Jun 2018, 18:31

I am wanting to upgrade (I figure one day I won't be able to do so - lol). I first got the NE3, NE4D, NE4, now I have JUST the NE5D. Anyway, I got to LIKE the Set List function, HOWEVER, playing in multiple bands, moving to a new place, with different bands & subbing - has made using the Set List Function a DOUBLE pain. Add in playing more outside, sunglasses and that screen - Ugh! I've gone to using just a hand full of what I'd programed into Set List (of course w/the 4 different buttons) to get through a gig. Searching through the list was & still can be a PAIN.

Back in the OLD NE3 or NE4 days-it was easier as I coded everything numerically & kind of memorized what was where. I LIKE having more memory, but it is harder to know where it all is on the unit if THAT particular sample is not used on a regular basis.

So, what now? I figure before I SELL (or not) the NE5 I would purchase the NE6 (I hope by the fall) & see the differences. Then I COULD sell the old one, or maybe the NEW one. Heck, it'll be at least two year or so before NORD changes or goes to a "7." (My NE5D is 3 years old this Fall) What I feel is that I'd get the opportunity to LEARN how to use a NE6 better before I take it to a gig, then take BOTH for a while in hopes of just one - maybe! There is & was SO MUCH on the NE5 I've never used + I still have a little memory left in a few places. But I will add that other keyboardist tend to wonder how I get all those sounds (samples) out of ONE single keyboard. And I certainly LOVE taking LESS to a gig!

If I could have my CAKE & eat it too: I'd EITHER swap my NE5 (73 model) for a 61 model (I have a hard shell 61 case) ----> OR ----> if I LIKE the NE6 a lot, sell the NE5 outright and also get a NE6-61 model. Love the NORD. it would give me the chance to choose if I need Both or take the smaller one when the gig says go SMALL! Or the larger 73 model.

Re: the SET LIST - I sold my other 61 model Mostly because after the NE5-73 I used the Set List almost exclusively ---> so I only used the top Ne4D-61 for just 2-4 songs a gig. Seemed like a waste of effort that only a keyboardist appreciated. Plus, on the OTHER hand: the Set List Function TOOK TIME. The last several months I've only moved or changed where things were located twice. So, I'm hoping I do not MISS on the NE6 the Set List Function. Change is OKAY! A Back to the Future moment - maybe ... we'll see.
chatfd

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby anotherscott » 23 Jun 2018, 20:19

cki69 wrote:well., if they thought it was confusing, why did they implement it in the stage 3?

They hadn't yet gotten so much feedback as to determine it was too confusing? Or they thought they had addressed the most confusing aspects sufficiently with the changes they made (from the NE5's Set List function to the operationally slightly different NS3 Song function), and subsequently determined it was still too confusing? Or Stage customers are buying a more complex instrument to begin with, and simplicity-over-functionality isn't quite as high a priority in Stage design as it is in Electro design, the balance between the two is looked at slightly differently? Whatever, it will be interesting to see what they do with this feature on the NS4!

I think some of what made it more confusing than it had to be was that it was not so well documented in the manual. But I'm not sure how much you can attribute to that since people don't read manuals anyway. ;-)
anotherscott

Postby cki69 » 24 Jun 2018, 18:20

Well I came from a Roland GX/NX to a Yamaha CP5... That was a mindblowing change :-) The Setlist is not complicated at all. Especially I appreciated when they implemented it in the PC Soundmanager.
Thats also the way I handle the Setlist for gigs. Simply drag and drop the Songs in order on the PC :-)
But as you have read, the Stage could be the answer now... ;-) Just hope that Nord wont remove that function there in the next model, too!
Last edited by cki69 on 24 Jun 2018, 18:21, edited 2 times in total.
cki69

Postby baekgaard » 24 Jun 2018, 18:34

cki69 wrote:Just hope that Nord wont remove that function there in the next model, too!

Well, then just buy the current model :roll:
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby anotherscott » 24 Jun 2018, 19:04

baekgaard wrote:
cki69 wrote:Just hope that Nord wont remove that function there in the next model, too!

Well, then just buy the current model :roll:

As a bonus, at the moment, it's much easier to buy a current model than a future model. ;-)

But also... you can also do set list management with any of a number of apps on your phone or tablet. Sure, it's nice to have the function built in. But if the built in function doesn't do what you want (on whichever model), at least there's a way around it, if you really want the other features of a given model that are not so easy to add on externally.
anotherscott

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Electro Forum