General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Nord Stage 3 - hammond B3 Sound

Postby Quai34 » 09 May 2018, 02:46

How the leader and first manufacturer to be able to nail the complexity of the B3 could be that far away now? Is it because Nord have so many models that they cannot update/Compete with all at the same time? Or do you think they gave up this small market because not enough profitable for them? Well, is the market is really small compared to the Stage keyboard or VA synths ?
I don't know, any idea?
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.

The author Quai34 was thanked by:
Jo Osantos1
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Sponsor

Postby Jo Osantos1 » 14 Jun 2018, 18:49

Quai34 wrote:How the leader and first manufacturer to be able to nail the complexity of the B3 could be that far away now? Is it because Nord have so many models that they cannot update/Compete with all at the same time? Or do you think they gave up this small market because not enough profitable for them? Well, is the market is really small compared to the Stage keyboard or VA synths ?
I don't know, any idea?

I think that they are still working around this. Because the NS3 came with the B3 a little crippled out! RIght now at v1.40 is usable, let's see if any further update can blow our minds!
Jo Osantos1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby DanielD71 » 14 Jun 2018, 21:28

I hope they can give us an option to switch the reverb after the Leslie.
I’m looking at the Mojo 61. It could look fine with my NS388.

Regards
Daniel
DanielD71

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby analogika » 14 Jun 2018, 21:39

DanielD71 wrote:I hope they can give us an option to switch the reverb after the Leslie.

According to the feature request tab on the NS3 bug sheet, Clavia has replied that this cannot be changed.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio

The author analogika was thanked by:
Jo Osantos1
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Postby Jo Osantos1 » 15 Jun 2018, 10:48

analogika wrote:
DanielD71 wrote:I hope they can give us an option to switch the reverb after the Leslie.

According to the feature request tab on the NS3 bug sheet, Clavia has replied that this cannot be changed.

Cannot be changed, because they don't want to. Lots of units out there, were this is possible...
Jo Osantos1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Postby analogika » 15 Jun 2018, 13:09

Possibly: “cannot be changed, because they cannot change it without redesigning large parts of the system”?

If they “wanted”, they could change anything and retrofit all existing boards with new hardware. But they don’t “want to”. As it is: It cannot be done.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Postby anotherscott » 15 Jun 2018, 14:21

analogika wrote:Possibly: “cannot be changed, because they cannot change it without redesigning large parts of the system”?

If they “wanted”, they could change anything and retrofit all existing boards with new hardware. But they don’t “want to”. As it is: It cannot be done.

Right. And if you really want the feature and are willing to pay for the cost of a hardware upgrade, you could route the organ sound out of its own output, put it through an external rotary sim like a Neo Ventilator, and put it through an external Reverb unit, and then you can put them in any order you want and actually get better rotary sim and reverb than what's in the Nord besides!
anotherscott

Postby baekgaard » 15 Jun 2018, 14:26

Jo Osantos1 wrote:Cannot be changed, because they don't want to. Lots of units out there, were this is possible...

You mean lots of NS3 out there where it is possible? As far as I know, Nord does a lot of the physical emulation on specific hardware platforms that lifts all the heavy computation, so the actual (hardware) architecture may indeed pose a limitation. It's not like its all just in the software. So if you happen to know otherwise, it would be interesting to hear for sure!
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby anotherscott » 15 Jun 2018, 14:45

baekgaard wrote:
Jo Osantos1 wrote:Cannot be changed, because they don't want to. Lots of units out there, were this is possible...

You mean lots of NS3 out there where it is possible? As far as I know...

It's always tricky to try to interpret a typo or imprecise translation. ;-) But I think he meant either "wish this were possible" or that there are "lots of units out there where this is possible" where those units were non-Nords.

The author anotherscott was thanked by 2 members, including:
analogikaJo Osantos1
anotherscott

Postby baekgaard » 15 Jun 2018, 16:28

Yes, I was honestly unsure what Jo meant -- but it kind of suggested that "of course this can be done" (which I'm not so sure about as Jo seems to imply).

But yes, likely something lost a bit in translation. Good point!

Incidentally, I'm not native English either -- I speak Danish, which is very close to Swedish, the language used inside the big red mothership :-)
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage Forum