General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Hi! Couple questions from a newbie.

Postby ChiefDanG » 11 Jun 2018, 21:39

Hello. Just purchased a Stage 3 (SW). I am an older guy playing in a weekend-warrior band (@4,5 times a month) and a funk/R&B band (@ 0 times a month). I wanted a one board solution, mainly for the urban (Nashville) gigs where load-in is going a couple blocks from a parking garage, then through a bunch of tables to a tiny stage. I have been busy setting this up for a couple weeks and I see that will be great for any gig - very happy with it.

Question #1 - Am I looking at the Synth/Sampler section the right way? It seems that you can get a preset that's close to what you want, tweek to taste, then save that Program. That program will remember your tweeks, sorta like "offsets". But maybe the better thing to do would tweek and then save the Synth Preset, so you could use it as is into any Program.

#2 - Can someone direct me to a PDF that lists the Synth/Sampler presets? I got a list of the samples, but can't find one of the presets. When I want to program my own sounds, I like to find a starting point that has similar envelopes to what I want, not necessarily similar waveforms or samples.

Tanks in advance. I'm sure I'll have more questions later (still wrestling with ModEnv settings)

Dan
ChiefDanG

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Hi! Couple questions from a newbie.

Sponsor

Re: Hi! Couple questions from a newbie.

Postby catosim » 11 Jun 2018, 22:49

Hi ChiefDanG, and welcome to the forum.

#1: Both ways will work as you suggest. I often do some tweaks on programs, and save the changes. But sometimes I save the programming as a synth preset for later combinations.

#2: Can´t be of any help here.
Just to be sure: do you mean a list that shows how each program/preset is "constructed"?

Cato
Last edited by catosim on 11 Jun 2018, 23:02, edited 2 times in total.
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland JD08, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B

The author catosim was thanked by:
ChiefDanG
catosim

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby ChiefDanG » 12 Jun 2018, 00:51

catosim wrote:
#2: Can´t be of any help here.
Just to be sure: do you mean a list that shows how each program/preset is "constructed"?

Cato

No, I was just looking to print out a list to refer to. Going through 300+ presets can be tedious and sometimes using the catagory filter doesn't react the way I expect.
:thanks:
ChiefDanG

Postby PScooter63 » 12 Jun 2018, 05:06

I think Sound Manager has an Export Sounds List function, and a program list is one of the options.

I could have used such a list two Fridays ago myself... a colleague loaned me their S3HP for the weekend, but I only got it two hours before my first gig! Audition fatigue set in after the first 200 patches :crazy:
Last edited by PScooter63 on 12 Jun 2018, 05:08, edited 2 times in total.

The author PScooter63 was thanked by:
ChiefDanG
PScooter63

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby Quai34 » 12 Jun 2018, 08:14

+1: I always print a list of the programs/presets of all my synths, even if there is more and more ways to find a good one with Ipad/computers, if any goes dead, you will still have your list as a back up....
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Return to Nord Stage Forum