All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Interface for Nord Stage 3

Postby crzndo » 11 Jun 2018, 21:33

Hi Everyone!

So I recently purchased a Nord Stage 3 and absolutely love it! Everything about it is great! I just have one question for everyone. I would really like to record the audio from my Nord into my DAW on my computer. I would be using the audio in songs that I am writing and also Youtube videos that I do as well (so it would need 3-4 channels at least). I am also using the Nord for occasional gigging so if the interface/mixer would could also work for that, that would be great. I have the necessary cables and everything to do it but I was wondering if there is a particular audio interface or mixer that works best or is popular. All of my music production friends tell me that the UA Apollo Twin or Arrow is the way to go but from my understanding, that model wouldn't be ideal for gigs. I have also read about the Yamaha AG03 or AG06 models and their use as a hybrid interface and mixer. If anyone has any opinions or could point me in a certain direction that would be awesome! Thanks!
Last edited by crzndo on 11 Jun 2018, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
crzndo

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Interface for Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Re: Interface for Nord Stage 3

Postby maxpiano » 11 Jun 2018, 21:43

Budget? Audio interfaces range from a few tenths to thousands bucks, so first thing to do is to set your budget ;)

I have a Motu Ultralite Hybrid that I use for all audio works I do with my computer.
Last edited by maxpiano on 11 Jun 2018, 21:45, edited 4 times in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
Chris65
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby cphollis » 11 Jun 2018, 21:46

Two mixer-oriented products that spring to mind for me are the Radial Engineering Key Largo and the Behringer X-Air 18. Neither are cheap. Not sure if the KL gives you more than two audio channels to the DAW, which may be OK for what you're doing. The X-Air 18 is a full-blown mixer that also acts as a per-channel interface to your DAW.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby crzndo » 11 Jun 2018, 22:04

maxpiano wrote:Budget? Audio interfaces range from a few tenths to thousands bucks, so first thing to do is to set your budget ;)

I have a Motu Ultralite Hybrid that I use for all audio works I do with my computer.

Sure! I completely forgot to include that! I've always been about spending more to get something quality that will last so I don't have to buy it again but in this case, I just moved to a new apartment so I'm looking for something maybe around 100-300 just to last me for a bit while I continue to save for something more quality!
crzndo

Postby crzndo » 11 Jun 2018, 22:07

cphollis wrote:Two mixer-oriented products that spring to mind for me are the Radial Engineering Key Largo and the Behringer X-Air 18. Neither are cheap. Not sure if the KL gives you more than two audio channels to the DAW, which may be OK for what you're doing. The X-Air 18 is a full-blown mixer that also acts as a per-channel interface to your DAW.

Thanks! I will take a look at both of these! I really only need the 3-4 channels because I have a PreSonus AR16 that I could use but I just want something with a smaller amount of channels.
crzndo

Return to Accessories and Amplification