Create Midi instrument Electro 6

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
jhilboldt
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Create Midi instrument Electro 6

Post by jhilboldt »

Hi I just got the Electro 6 and I' trying to incorporate it with my Roland D-05 module. I can't find a way to create a midi patch that controls the external module on a different channel. This seems like a simple thing but I can't find a menu to do this.
thanks
anotherscott

Re: Create Midi instrument Electro 6

Post by anotherscott »

Unfortunately, the E6 has very minimal functionality for integrating external MIDI devices, that's one of the few ways it is a step back from the E5. AFAIK, you can only trigger it on the global MIDI channel, duplicating the keys triggering the Nord's own sounds. You could control which of the two you want to hear via their volume controls/pedals. You could use the Nord's control/program change mode settings to prevent the Roland from responding to things like drawbar movements or patch change commands on the Nord's front panel.
These users thanked the author anotherscott for the post:
jhilboldt
jhilboldt
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Post by jhilboldt »

Wow I had no idea the midi infrastructure was missing. I really hope it's in a software update along the way
KeyboardMadness
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Post by KeyboardMadness »

jhilboldt wrote:Wow I had no idea the midi infrastructure was missing. I really hope it's in a software update along the way
For me is important too... maybe if a lot of musicians NE6 owners send the replies to http://www.nordkeyboards.com/about-us/feedback they made the midi implentations in a future update.

I'm going to write right now.