Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Nord Lead 4 unable to play midi notes from ableton

Postby Dyan K » 11 Jun 2018, 03:38

Hi, when i play notes from my Nord Lead 4 they are received correctly in ableton and there is sound. But when i do the opposite and try to send the midi notes from ableton to the Nord Lead 4, nothing happens, no sound even when I see the midi lights blinking in the Nord Lead 4. I read about this issue and it seems to be related to the Midi Settings in the Nord Lead 4, but even after reading the manual the small screen of Nord Lead 4 is still confusing for me and i have no idea what im changing or doing after I press the Midi key in the Nord Lead 4, not sure what else to do.

Can someone help me with those midi settings, what do i have to press exactly in the Nord Lead 4? I just want the midi notes from ableton to sound in the Nord Lead 4 because i usually draw the notes and i dont know piano finger positions.
Dyan K

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4

Nord Lead 4 unable to play midi notes from ableton

Sponsor

Re: Nord Lead 4 unable to play midi notes from ableton

Postby Dyan K » 11 Jun 2018, 04:19

Nevermind I got it guys. I learned how to browse the MIDI menu from a Nord Lead A1 video in youtube. Seems i was missing to hold the shift key to manipulate this menu. Midi was not set to USB port. Now i can send midi notes from ableton :)
Dyan K

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum