General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: List of Nord Stage 3 known issues/bugs

Postby Satomy » 14 May 2018, 22:44

Hello everyone, I encountered a phaser effect, compared to before the rate reaches a limited value or am I wrong? It seems not to reach the same maximum speed as before. I remember very well that it was possible to get to a higher speed!
I think it's due to the latest updates because I do not remember having noticed this problem before ........ did any of you notice us?
Satomy

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Sponsor

Postby DanielD71 » 14 May 2018, 22:53

Satomy wrote:Hello everyone, I encountered a phaser effect, compared to before the rate reaches a limited value or am I wrong? It seems not to reach the same maximum speed as before. I remember very well that it was possible to get to a higher speed!
I think it's due to the latest updates because I do not remember having noticed this problem before ........ did any of you notice us?

Hello
You can downgrade and verify that this is true.
Regards
Daniel
DanielD71

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Black_Royal » 17 May 2018, 20:05

Hello everybody) I have a weird problem with my NS3 88.
When i'm playing, i hear an annoying silent "tick" every 15-20 seconds, and it doesn't matter what section/preset i use.
If somebody can explain what is this, i will be appriciate
Last edited by Black_Royal on 17 May 2018, 20:08, edited 2 times in total.
Black_Royal

Postby Mr_-G- » 17 May 2018, 20:30

Is that in every program?
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Black_Royal » 17 May 2018, 20:40

absolutely.
Black_Royal

Postby baekgaard » 17 May 2018, 21:32

I don't think we can "explain" it :-) It's hard to guess what it is.

Does the volume of the tick change with the overall volume -- i.e. if you turn the NS3 all the way down, does it then disappear? Is it there every time you switch on the keyboard, or only sometimes? Have you tried turning the power plug 180 degrees at the outlet? Does it happen only at home or also if you play somewhere else?

It could be a faulty power supply, some failing component in the output circuitry or it could be EMI (noise radiated into the device) from other devices nearby or on the same network.

The author baekgaard was thanked by:
DanielD71
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Schorsch » 27 May 2018, 09:05

DanielD71 wrote:Hello
Regards

Hi, where can old OS version be downloaded to downgrade from the current version? I can’t find any other version than 1.40 on the Nord webpage
Regards, Georg
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Postby CRClemens » 27 May 2018, 09:24

Hervshahn wrote:
DanielD71 wrote:Hello
Regards

Hi, where can old OS version be downloaded to downgrade from the current version? I can’t find any other version than 1.40 on the Nord webpage
Regards, Georg

Hi Georg,

Most times you can find the older version by simply changing the version number in the download link on nords homepage.
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sites/default/files/files/downloads/os/nord-stage-3/Update%20Nord%20Stage%203%20OS%20v1.36.zip
At least the last version before the current release is still available. In the update history you can find the last version numbers.

And it is always a good idea to download and save every OS-version on your computer even if you are not planning to update to this exact version. So there is always a chance to change to this OS, even in 10 years.

Greets Clemens
CRClemens

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano

Postby Schorsch » 27 May 2018, 09:47

Hi Clemens,

thanks, works - at least for versions back to 1.28 ...

Does somebody have v1.22 still available and can get it to me? I'm looking for this one to get rid of the restrictions regarding Dual KB in v1.24 (and later versions) if the constraints/missing features in v1.22 compared to v1.40 do not affect my use of the NS3 significantly.

EDIT: FOUND IT IN THE FORUM AFTER EXTENSIVE AND CREATIVE SEARCH .... :)

Greetings, Georg
Last edited by Schorsch on 27 May 2018, 12:19, edited 4 times in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Postby Satomy » 28 Jun 2018, 01:09

Salve a tutti, cercherò di essere breve.
A volte vorrei usare NS3 collegata via midi con novation impulse 49, cosa che già facevo anche quando avevo NS2 EX. Con NS3 ho i seguenti problemi:
1- se uso lo slot B in modalità dual kB, il pedale swell non funziona, cioè non invia alcuni cc midi alla tastiera collegata e destinato allo slot B, se suono la sezione organo direttamente sull'NS 3, il pedale Swell funziona correttamente, sbaglio io qualche impostazione? avete riscontrato anche voi lo stesso problema?
Ritengo che Nord Stage 3 collegata a una master abbia delle potenzialità non indifferenti, è molto comodo. Usavo prima questa configurazione con Nord Stage 2ex utilizzando lo slot B esclusivamente con la Master utilizzando hammond, synth, archi, pad, brass ecc..... e dal Nord Stage usavo prettamente piani acustici, rhodes, clavy. Il risultato era veramente soddisfacente, avevo tutti i suoni del nord Stage sulla Master. Ho risolto il problema dei controller Midi, riesco a controllare tutto assegnando i vari knobs e i vari cursori ad ogni cc midi: filtri, effetti, drawbars della sezione hammond.......mi manca solo di poter controllare col pedale swell la sezione organ quando suono sulla master! Credo sia un bug, Se così non fosse qualcuno mi può aiutare? Ve ne sarei veramente grato!!!!
2-Pedal CTRL (EXpression CC11), funziona solo in morphing? quindi assegnando il controllo da effettuare, oppure dovrebbe funzionare anche come pedale di espressione?
P.S. riguardo questi problemi, ho scritto ben 3 volte alla nord, ma ancora nessuna risposta se non quella da parte di EKO, che mi conferma di aver inoltrato la mia mail alla casa produttrice.
Attendo il vostro aiuto, magari sbaglio qualcosa nelle impostazioni.......
3- Ho riscontrato un problema, o meglio una differenza, riguardo l'effetto phaser. Ho constatato che sul nord stage 3, rispetto al nord stage 2ex che da ex possessore posso confermare, il rate dell'affetto phaser raggiunge un valore limitato, o mi sbaglio? Sembra non raggiungere la stessa velocità massima di prima. Ricordo benissimo che era possibile arrivare ad una maggiore velocità!
Credo sia dovuto agli ultimi aggiornamenti perché non ricordo di aver notato prima questo problema........ qualcuno di voi sa dirmi qualcosa?
Satomy

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage Forum