Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Piano 3 - Keyboard Error

Postby gadgetsRus » 24 May 2018, 00:54

I opened up my Piano 3 to remove pieces of a broken key that were rattling around in the case. Now, I am getting an error on startup "Keyboard Error Storage Missing Press [Exit]"

Pressing [Exit] temporarily clears the error message and the keyboard appears to function normally. I have not found any information regarding this error. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, any suggestions on how to make it go away? It reappears every time I power on the keyboard.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by gadgetsRus on 24 May 2018, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
gadgetsRus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Piano 3 - Keyboard Error

Sponsor

Re: Piano 3 - Keyboard Error

Postby baekgaard » 24 May 2018, 09:22

It could be that a connection between the main board and the keyboard assembly has become disconnected in the process.

As far as I know, the keyboard has some circuitry connected to it that contains the individual calibration of the keys; this makes it more even when you play it. If the NP3 is not able to read the data from the keyboard, you probably get some errors like the one above.

You can still play the NP3; I don't think there is any harm done to it -- but depending on how mechanically well-adjusted your keyboard is, you may or may not notice some small unevenness between individual keys. But if you had it open, maybe you should open it again and check that all connections are properly seated?

The author baekgaard was thanked by:
gadgetsRus
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Piano 3 - Keyboard Error

Postby gadgetsRus » 29 May 2018, 03:47

baekgaard wrote:It could be that a connection between the main board and the keyboard assembly has become disconnected in the process.

As far as I know, the keyboard has some circuitry connected to it that contains the individual calibration of the keys; this makes it more even when you play it. If the NP3 is not able to read the data from the keyboard, you probably get some errors like the one above.

You can still play the NP3; I don't think there is any harm done to it -- but depending on how mechanically well-adjusted your keyboard is, you may or may not notice some small unevenness between individual keys. But if you had it open, maybe you should open it again and check that all connections are properly seated?

That makes sense. There is a third ribbon cable that goes to a small PCB with only a couple components that are not connected to anything else. I'll double check the connection for that connector.
gadgetsRus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum