General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Nord Stage 2 Won't Boot

Postby Osteology » 20 May 2018, 17:05

Hi,

My Nord has been acting strange recently. It kept losing piano sounds meaning I'd have to do a system restore. However, the last time I tried to restore, it hung for over an hour so i cancelled the update and disconnected the usb. Now when I try to boot the keyboard, it just comes up with OS V2.26 but no status bar loads.
Is it beyond hope?! I have a couple of gigs at the weekend so timing is pretty shite...
Osteology

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Nord Stage 2 Won't Boot

Sponsor

Re: Nord Stage 2 Won't Boot

Postby Osteology » 20 May 2018, 17:07

(Forgot to add thatNord Sound Manager isn't recognising the keyboard)
Osteology

Postby Osteology » 20 May 2018, 21:29

OK - I managed to boot the keyboard in update mode by holding 'shift' and 'store' at the same time and then managed to get the system restore going. Now updated to the latest OS and, touch wood, everything seems to be working. Still not sure why I keep losing sounds though...

I'm in Spain using a Euro to UK adapter so maybe it's an electricity issue?
Osteology

Postby baekgaard » 21 May 2018, 09:22

It's hard to say what the issue is, but a UK adapter should work in Spain too, as both are 220-240 V. If your power supply is unstable, there could be glitches and the board could possibly lock up or reboot, but typically this is something that should clear up on a reboot.

It sounds maybe like you are starting to have problems with the flash memory in the board -- but if you're lucky, then a fresh install could clear up some of that, I think. Keep an eye on it, and if you start loosing sounds again, maybe it's time to talk to Nord about a repair.
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Osteology » 21 May 2018, 14:05

Ok, thanks for the info. Flash memory sounds like it could be expensive to replace. Might be time to get it insured :)
Osteology

Return to Nord Stage Forum