General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Copy or "MERGE" two sounds from different Programs?

Postby thesuitelounge » 15 May 2018, 14:38

How would you achieve this?

Say you programmed a really great synth patch you like, which I know can be save as an independent SYNTH SOUND (via "Store Synth");

and then want to add synth sound to an existing Program (like layer it onto of a Piano which lives in another Program).

I actually went through the process of STORE SYNTH, then Prog Init for a new piano sound/dial in my existing Program that I want to add it to, then activate the Synth section, then load the synth sound from the stored location.

Wondered if there is a quicker/more direct way? For example, I am finding that I have to spin through the Synth List dial a lot to keep getting back to the Synth Sound I saved (I don't think there is a "PAGE" shortcut to get to Synth Patches more quickly?)

Thank you....
thesuitelounge

Copy or "MERGE" two sounds from different Programs?

Sponsor

Re: Copy or "MERGE" two sounds from different Programs?

Postby maxpiano » 15 May 2018, 14:58

No faster way to browse Synth Sounds unfortunately, but as an alternative strategy you can copy a whole slot from another program into one of the slots of your new program this way: select the target Program then press and keep pressed the target slot button pressed, at this point using Dial and/or Page buttons you can browse to the Program/Slot to copy from, stop on it when found then as you release the slot button the copy will be executed.
Last edited by maxpiano on 15 May 2018, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby anotherscott » 15 May 2018, 15:17

It would be great if you could send Program Change messages that would recall Synth Presets directly (theoretically do-able with MIDI Program Change commands that have different MSB/LSB parameters, which could also be used to specify which panel to send the Synth Preset change to).
anotherscott

Postby cgrafx » 15 May 2018, 19:20

connect your keyboard to a computer and use the Nord Sound Manager. You can instantly select any program from the list.
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby thesuitelounge » 15 May 2018, 19:54

Thanks for the different suggestions. The problem I had with selecting another Program is that once I move to the program I want, don't I "lose" the synth patch that I just created? i.e. I want to ADD this SYNTH PATCH to a Program that I like that is NOT yet loaded.

I was just reading further into the manual and think there is another way - the COPY PANEL/PASTE function could be the way to go (I thought this was just for moving settings between panels within one program, but it seems that you can copy a panel from one Program to another. So maybe I could take that SYNTH PATCH (as a panel) and the clipboard will hold it when I select another Program to move it to, then paste it into the panel of that other Program...
thesuitelounge

Postby maxpiano » 15 May 2018, 20:10

OK, so I described the Slot(Panel) copy procedure for a NS2 but sounds like you have a NS3 where it is even easier to do. Try it.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby thesuitelounge » 15 May 2018, 20:21

oh yeah! That would have been helpful...Sorry, I thought I wrote that! NS3...
thesuitelounge

Postby thesuitelounge » 16 May 2018, 18:55

This does the trick! COPY PANEL/PASTE function is not just to move panels within a Program, but also works ACROSS programs! What a great feature... take any section of any Program and "merge" it with another section from another Program to create a new Program!
thesuitelounge

Return to Nord Stage Forum