General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

NS3: Use damper also for not selected panel played via midi

Postby LucaWelker » 16 May 2018, 11:17

Hi all,

I currently bought an NS3 switching up from NS2.
I have recreated all my sounds, but currently, I am facing some problems.

I have a configuration where I play sounds patched to panel B via midi from a second instrument.
With the Nord stage 2 it was no problem that the sustain pedal function was applied to each panel (when the sustain is switched on for a sound).
On the Nord stage 3 it looks like that the sustain pedal is only applied to the active panels.

Did anyone else is facing that problem?

Greetings from Germany,
Luca
LucaWelker

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

NS3: Use damper also for not selected panel played via midi

Sponsor

Re: NS3: Use damper also for not selected panel played via m

Postby someclevername » 16 May 2018, 11:52

Sounds like you should have also bought another sustain pedal and some wide shoes along with your stage 3! :P
someclevername

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano

Postby LucaWelker » 16 May 2018, 12:37

Hehe, yes sounds like!
But sadly I can't afford another pedal and bigger shoes after buying the stage 3 ;)

So I think it would be better if the bug would be fixed or I would know if that's a new "feature"? (I am a software developer, so please don't bring terms like: "It's not a bug, it's a feature" hehe :p )
LucaWelker

Postby anotherscott » 16 May 2018, 14:48

LucaWelker wrote:I have a configuration where I play sounds patched to panel B via midi from a second instrument.
With the Nord stage 2 it was no problem that the sustain pedal function was applied to each panel (when the sustain is switched on for a sound).
On the Nord stage 3 it looks like that the sustain pedal is only applied to the active panels.

Are you triggering your panel 2 externally by using the Dual KB function, or by using the Panel MIDI function (called Slot MIDI on the NS2)? And did you do it the same way on the 3 as you did on the 2?
anotherscott

Postby someclevername » 16 May 2018, 16:56

LucaWelker wrote:So I think it would be better if the bug would be fixed or I would know if that's a new "feature"? (I am a software developer, so please don't bring terms like: "It's not a bug, it's a feature" hehe :p )

I would have thought that it is intentional. The firmware in the Stage 3 will have been based on the Stage 2 EX, so most likely Nord deliberately changed this. Probably so that control pedals (for volume) can be independent on slot A and B.

It probably worth asking them as they may not have realised that there are users who want it to work that way, there was probably some users complaining it didn't separately sustain for A and B.

Worst case scenario, you can always give your Stage 3 to me, then you won't have any more problems with it...
Last edited by someclevername on 16 May 2018, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
someclevername

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano

Postby LucaWelker » 17 May 2018, 09:29

I sent a support request to Clavia, so let's see what happens :-)
LucaWelker

Postby LucaWelker » 17 May 2018, 13:43

Hi,

so I got Feedback from a german clavia distributor:
ich verstehe, das ist notiert worden und liegt schon bei Clavia Entwicklung auf dem Tisch. Nord Stage 3 ist nun eine komplett neue Architektur, daher gibt es gewisse Unterschiede zu den Vorgänger. Es sind aber noch weitere Updates geplant. Vielen Dank für die Anmerkung!

Translated it's like:
Understood, your request is noted and already known at clavias development department. The Nord Stage 3 is a completely new architecture, that's the reason for having differences between stage 3 and the models before.
There are further updates planned.

Just for everybody who might have the same issue.

Greetings,
Luca
Last edited by LucaWelker on 17 May 2018, 13:43, edited 2 times in total.
LucaWelker

Postby maxpiano » 17 May 2018, 17:38

anotherscott wrote:
LucaWelker wrote:I have a configuration where I play sounds patched to panel B via midi from a second instrument.

Are you triggering your panel 2 externally by using the Dual KB function, or by using the Panel MIDI function (called Slot MIDI on the NS2)? And did you do it the same way on the 3 as you did on the 2?

+1

@LucaWelker: it would be best if you can provide more details on the Panels/MIDI configuration you are using, just to exclude the problem lies there and not in any “bug”
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage Forum