Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Modulation?

Postby Drumunkey » 15 May 2018, 02:15

I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything... But in the ND2, there's no "modulation" options right? So I can''t mod/morph like on a NL for example? When I send mod wheel to ND, nothing happens, manual doesn't seem to mention it.. So...

But I wanted to double check... :)
Drumunkey

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Modulation?

Sponsor

Re: Modulation?

Postby maxpiano » 15 May 2018, 14:48

There is no morph but on the ND2 manual tou can see the list of MIDI Controllers and associated parameters, so if your ModWheel can be reassigned to one of them (on the master keyboard the MW belongs to) you may still be able to use it in a somehwat similar fashion, for example CC14 is Noise Filter Frequency.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
wartaler
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby wartaler » 15 May 2018, 20:27

Hi Drumunkey,
That’s page 30 of the manual for more details on how to do that, and page 32 for the list of the CC numbers and corresponding parameters...
One tip if you’re going to use the Individual MIDI channels: never use the same MIDI channel as the general MIDI channel,
if you have any questions about the correct MIDI setup, feel free to ask..
Cheers,
Albert
Last edited by wartaler on 15 May 2018, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Postby jooga1972 » 12 Jun 2018, 16:53

I have the pleasure of beta-testing Patterning 2, imo by far the best iOS drum machine/MIDI controller. The best to work with the ND2, that is. I've used and fancied Patterning from day one but the new version will expand the possibilites with the ND2 big time. There'll be full MIDI CC mapping (this is limited in Patterning 1) where all externally controllable parameters on the ND2 will be easily accesible, all this on a very intuitive and imo easy to use UI. And there's many more new features. Like I said to Patterning's dev, now it feels like I have a new drum machine at hand.
Also, I started experimenting with driving the ND2 with Patterning AND sending trigger inputs to one or more of channels from my euroracks or banana modulars. The results are highly interesting and experimental, something I happen to like. I may post a track at some point to show what this sounds like.

The author jooga1972 was thanked by:
wartaler
jooga1972

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Return to Nord Drum Forum