Best B3 sound on Electro 5D

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
anotherscott

Re: Best B3 sound on Electro 5D

Post by anotherscott »

Dreamer wrote:Anyone here who thinks the global settings above should be better assignable to individual organ program slots on the E5? I consider this as minor design flaw that they aren't. It would boost the already huge palette of available organ settings.
I think the way to think of it is that the front panel settings (available for live tweaking and preset creation) mimic what a real Hammond B3 has. The "global" settings are things you can't change when playing the real thing. So the idea is more like, use the global settings to create the "B3" you want, then use the panel parameters to operate that B3 the way you would want to. So I wouldn't call it a design "flaw" though I admit, it could be cool to be able to include those "alternate B3" settings as parts of presets as well, as you can on some other systems.

As to the post that started the thread, I agree with those who say it almost defeats the purpose of buying a board with drawbars if you're only playing preset organ sounds...
Kfals
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Post by Kfals »

please be kind as I am new to the NORD. what does is mean with the numbers? for example, 800008888

Thanks
Mr_-G-
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Post by Mr_-G- »

Look at the drawbars and you will soon realise what it means :)
fieldflower
Patch Creator

Post by fieldflower »

We can be a little more helpful than that..;)

Here You see 738642034

This is more Hammond than Nord, but since the Nord emulates it translates well...
silver surfer

Post by silver surfer »

One of the most important things for the best B3/Leslie tone is to set that Rotary Speaker Type to the close setting. Makes a big difference in tone.
Nord Electro 5, Mackie mixer, pair of QSC K10.2's, Mogami cables