Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Broken Universal Mounting Plate

Postby manyanaman » 02 Feb 2018, 13:39

Hi,

So I'm a user of the Nord Drum 3p and everything's been going great, had it a few months and very happy. However about 2 weeks ago I noticed a creaking sound when playing, I couldn't get the pad to stay straight and upon inspection there was a crack in the plastic mounting plate.

To make matters worse, when removing the plate from the Nord Drum, one of the screws broke, so I now only have 3 screws and no mounting plate... great :mrgreen:

So I've been on to the distributor, they don't keep any spares in stock and as of today I've been waiting 2 weeks for Nord to respond to them with an update (apparently, I have faith in Nord just not my distributor)

I play this Pad live so I need to get it back mounted ASAP. Have scoured the internet cannot find anywhere to buy Nord spares.

I bought an Alessis "Universal Mounting Plate" as in the manual the Nord Drum mounting plate is also called "Universal Mounting Plate." However, universal obviously means universal for that company only as the Alesis one didn't fit the Nord. :facepalm:

Assuming my distributor won't resolve this, where can I acquire a new mounting plate? This is so annoying!
manyanaman

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum

Broken Universal Mounting Plate

Sponsor

Re: Broken Universal Mounting Plate

Postby kbzs565 » 02 Feb 2018, 19:35

Well, I think you can get it through the official distributor only. I did it the same way. There was no problem, just it was a little bit slow. I told the request to the distributor, they asked Nord, Nord answered in two months, I accepted the offer, the distributor ordered it, Nord sent it in 2 months. OK, the distributor said that I could choose express delivery but it would cost extra fee, or I can wait for the normal, regular delivery, it's slower but no extra fee. As it was not urgent I chose the regular delivery. I don't know if the express delivery were much faster, but probably yes.

The author kbzs565 was thanked by:
Oggi2
kbzs565

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Postby wartaler » 02 Feb 2018, 22:50

Hi,
>Edit<: Although I couldn’t find anything about the specifications online, I did find out that the ‘universal’ Gibraltar SC-EMMP, Roland and Alesis plates all are the same size, so those are all unsuitable for your 3P, ..

A while ago I went to a metalworker in town, they helped me to make some modifications to my drum hardware, not cheap, but they really have the right skills, tools and materials. Perhaps you can find one that is able to make a replacement base plate for you?

Albert
Last edited by wartaler on 06 Sep 2019, 13:28, edited 9 times in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Postby manyanaman » 07 Feb 2018, 14:23

Thanks for your answers guys!

kbzs565 wrote:Well, I think you can get it through the official distributor only. I did it the same way. There was no problem, just it was a little bit slow. I told the request to the distributor, they asked Nord, Nord answered in two months, I accepted the offer, the distributor ordered it, Nord sent it in 2 months. OK, the distributor said that I could choose express delivery but it would cost extra fee, or I can wait for the normal, regular delivery, it's slower but no extra fee. As it was not urgent I chose the regular delivery. I don't know if the express delivery were much faster, but probably yes.

Yikes! 4 months! I really was hoping to have it sooner (I guess the guys in Nord don't work very urgently :lol: ) but I'm glad to hear you got it fixed. I will wait... patiently.
manyanaman

Postby JotaTiyus » 26 Apr 2018, 14:52

What about the Roland PDS-10 Pad Stand
JotaTiyus

Return to Nord Drum Forum