This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Dual Keyboard PROBLEMS ON NORD STAGE 3

Postby Giovannibarbieri » 22 Apr 2018, 20:04

Hello,
I was used to control my Nord stage 3 with a Nord Electro 3 and it worked very well.
But I think some kind of BUG happened here because the function DUAL KEYBOARD is not working anymore, I mean, when it is turned on some stranger things happen in my stuff. even the dual kb light is on, when I press the slot b button the sounds in my Nord stage 3 change from slot A to slot B, and it s not supposed to happen (According to the page 29 of NORD STAGE 3 USER MANUAL "...the sounds on Panel B are not accessible from the Stage 3 keyboard while in Dual KB mode." ). I have tried all kinds of combinations of midi channels between the two keyboards, but it is not working. I need help!
Thank you!
Giovannibarbieri

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Dual Keyboard PROBLEMS ON NORD STAGE 3

Sponsor

Re: Dual Keyboard PROBLEMS ON NORD STAGE 3

Postby anotherscott » 22 Apr 2018, 20:29

If it used to work, and now it doesn't, is it possible that you updated the NS3 OS in the interim? The operation of Dual KB mode changed with OS version 1.24, it works differently now, as described in the release notes, and discussed in some other threads in the Nord Stage section of the forum. If your manual pre-dates 1.24, it will not describe the function correctly. You should be able to download a current manual from the Nord web site.

The author anotherscott was thanked by:
Giovannibarbieri
anotherscott

Postby Giovannibarbieri » 22 Apr 2018, 23:45

Thank you anotherscott, I checked the new manual and solved my problem. But it doesn't`t make sense for me once before this new system version I could use, by example, synth and piano (w split or not) together in the second keyboard - on Nord Elcetro 3 in this case. Now I need to choose if I want to have a piano, hammond or synth in the second keyboard, what also means that is not possible to make splits with two or three sounds from different sections. I hope they fix it.
Giovannibarbieri

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Postby anotherscott » 23 Apr 2018, 01:47

Giovannibarbieri wrote:Thank you anotherscott, I checked the new manual and solved my problem. But it doesn't`t make sense for me once before this new system version I could use, by example, synth and piano (w split or not) together in the second keyboard - on Nord Elcetro 3 in this case. Now I need to choose if I want to have a piano, hammond or synth in the second keyboard, what also means that is not possible to make splits with two or three sounds from different sections. I hope they fix it.

There is still a way to control multiple split sounds from a second keyboard. Although you can no longer do it via Dual KB mode, you can do it using the MIDI Panel feature, which allows you to control an entire panel from an external board. Check the thread at nord-stage-forum-f3/ns3-dual-kb-is-totally-crippled-by-osv1-24-t14146.html and check my post from November 10 for a summary of what combinations are available, how to implement them, and what limitations there are.
Last edited by anotherscott on 23 Apr 2018, 02:13, edited 2 times in total.
anotherscott

Postby cphollis » 23 Apr 2018, 14:20

If you want anything more than a single voice from your 2nd keyboard (organ, piano, synth), you'll have to assign the B panel to your external keyboard. Then you're free to do whatever a panel can do, including a shared split with the NSC, morph, etc.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Return to General Nord Forum