Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: Nord Piano 4 introduced

Postby NordPH » 12 Apr 2018, 11:53

Aha!
My guess is that the filters change depending on what type of piano you choose.
It would make sense, to have a different curve for e-pianos.
Maybe it´s already like this in the stage 3 and E6, but it´s more of an internal info, since we can´t change it anyway.
Or, it could be a feature to be..
NordPH
Patch Creator

Sponsor

Postby Griffin » 12 Apr 2018, 18:32

What a joy, the waiting time is over .. and what a disappointment; still only 1 G Piano RAM. I understand the policy of not giving the customer a product that makes him happy for ever after but leaves room for future product upgrades and models from a sales perspective but, seriously, this is taking the policy of small steps too far.

Please make it at least an option to buy more RAM. It takes ages to clear a sound and load a new one when the RAM is almost full.

I love your products but, sorry, this has actually made me angry.
Griffin

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

New Nord Piano 4

Postby pauleway » 13 Apr 2018, 05:04

Check it out on the Nord site! The Piano 3 isn't that old is it???
pauleway

Re: New Nord Piano 4

Postby derrellpiper » 13 Apr 2018, 06:15

My thoughts are evolving, so I’m hijacking my own note. I’m very disappointed with the Piano 4. It doesn’t correct the deficiencies of the Piano 3 and it doesn’t deliver what was promised for the Piano 3: wooden keys. Clavia took pre-orders for the Piano 3 when it was supposed to have wood keys. At the last moment, essentially when it shipped, it was announced (on the web) that it was shipping w/ a plastic keybed, not a Fatar TP40/WOOD like we had been expecting.

The Stage 3 88 keybed is a disappointment, it’s not as good as the Piano 3 and that wasn’t very good. Sorry, that’s it for me, a Kawai VPC1 lies in my future. The Stage 3 is a fine thing, fun to play, but Clavia pianos are expensive and mediocre.
Last edited by derrellpiper on 21 Apr 2018, 02:54, edited 7 times in total.
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.
derrellpiper

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3

Postby themixtape » 13 Apr 2018, 07:46

Definitely needs 2GB. DEFINITELY. Definitely.
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.chriscaulder.net
http://patreon.com/chriscaulder
-------------------------------------------------------
themixtape

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: New Nord Piano 4

Postby maxpiano » 13 Apr 2018, 07:53

It is so new we are talking about it since days on another thread :mrgreen:
nord-piano-forum-f10/nord-piano-4-introduced-t15217.html
Last edited by maxpiano on 13 Apr 2018, 07:53, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby NordIOW » 13 Apr 2018, 12:35

Same Keybed as the 3 hoorayNOT

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk
NordIOW

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Postby cphollis » 13 Apr 2018, 15:29

I'll agree with everyone else. Given the breadth and depth of the Nord Piano Library, piano sample memory is a precious resource. I used to go with fewer, smaller samples -- but switching over to IEMs means that I now hear every nuance in every sample all the time.

It was one of the big reasons I went with the NS3 Compact and use my NP2 as a midi control for the B panel. Not ideal, as I don't get to use the NS3 as a real dual-panel instrument.

If the NP4 had 2GB, I'd be saving my pennies. If it had 3 or 4 GB, I'd put one on pre-order and sell my other stuff.

As it is, not so much.

BTW, I get that people always complain about AP actions. Doesn't matter which brand, etc. I've adapted to my NP2 action and find it very enjoyable for what I do.
Last edited by cphollis on 13 Apr 2018, 15:32, edited 3 times in total.
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby SteveNordP3 » 13 Apr 2018, 18:20

cphollis wrote:I'll agree with everyone else. Given the breadth and depth of the Nord Piano Library, piano sample memory is a precious resource. I used to go with fewer, smaller samples -- but switching over to IEMs means that I now hear every nuance in every sample all the time.

It was one of the big reasons I went with the NS3 Compact and use my NP2 as a midi control for the B panel. Not ideal, as I don't get to use the NS3 as a real dual-panel instrument.

If the NP4 had 2GB, I'd be saving my pennies. If it had 3 or 4 GB, I'd put one on pre-order and sell my other stuff.

As it is, not so much.

BTW, I get that people always complain about AP actions. Doesn't matter which brand, etc. I've adapted to my NP2 action and find it very enjoyable for what I do.

4G would be worth upgrading for!

As for the Fatar keybed - I have used others and don't agree with your assessment. The Roland RD600 was particularly nice, al the Yamahas I've used have been very nice. I had a Kurzweil with a Fatar keybed and it just doesn't work for me - and the NP3 - as outstanding as it is - suffers from a truly bad keybed. I'm living with it because the pianos are so stellar but man oh man it could be 1000 times better.

I like the extended features in the 4, but will stick with the 3 until they add at least 2G piano memory (4 would be awesome) and a decent keybed. Alternatively - if they made a rack version of JUST the pianos - I'd buy that in a heartbeat and snag a better keyboard to control it.

The author SteveNordP3 was thanked by:
maurus
SteveNordP3

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Postby np3au » 16 Apr 2018, 12:21

Terrible.
1 Gig storage (lol so 2004) should be 'available' after the default/factory samples are loaded, not including standard expected features.
Currently (well not so currently as my Nord Piano 3 had clunking/clicking keys and is in repair) the actual storage left in the piano was not even enough to load the Royal Grand 3D, so I had to ditch other samples and made it by a few megs. I don't understand why they are releasing an entire new version when people just want a piano with lots of piano samples and I know many out there with plastic pianos get sick of the same piano sounds..

Nord if you are listening you need to do 3 things:

1) Release the Piano 4 with 2 Gigs of storage minimum.
2) Offer a factory trade-in for those with Nord 3's that never worked properly from the start. (like mine).
3) By doing 1 and 2 everything is forgotten and you continue to enjoy life long fans.
np3au

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum