Piano sound/sample on Nord Lead A1?

Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions
samtheon47
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Piano sound/sample on Nord Lead A1?

Post by samtheon47 »

Hi All:

After returning my Nord Lead 2x, I am debating getting another one versus getting a Nord Lead A1. I don't want to shell out for a Nord Stage 3, as I have no real use for the organ sounds. I would love to be able to play a simple piano sound on my nord lead a1 if I needed it though. I've seen some 'electric piano' patches for the A1, but could i load in a regular grand piano sample set and use it on the nord lead A1? Does anyone know if one of these has been created?

Thanks so much.
ericL
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Piano sound/sample on Nord Lead A1?

Post by ericL »

Nope. You can do analog synth piano but it does not accept samples.
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.
AdamStage2

Post by AdamStage2 »

You could always look for a secondhand Nord Wave synthesizer,the A1 doesn't handle Samples or allow you to load them its a VA synth using traditional Synth waveforms the same as your Nord Lead 2X it will not give you a realistic sounding Acoustic Piano no matter how skilled a programmer you are,

The Nord Wave will still give you a Synthesizer Engine to create Electric piano emulations as well as allow you to load in your own choice of Samples(i.e. Grand piano)or you can even load in the EP sample sets from Nords library if you want more authentic EPs rather than synthesised emulations,The Wave synth will give you the best of both worlds(synth/sample),especially if you don't need all the features of a Nord Stage series.

:keyboard2:
Last edited by AdamStage2 on 08 Apr 2018, 10:26, edited 2 times in total.
samtheon47
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Post by samtheon47 »

Thanks AdamStage 2. I'll try to find one. I'm always iffy buying a synth I can't try out first. I just went and compared my 2x with the A1 and I prefer the 2x, though the A1 does have some fun fat clean synths.