This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: Your experience recording your Nords?

Postby Rusty Mike » 30 Mar 2018, 15:27

It was actually quite the opposite mindset. It was more like "hey, we've got all this crap, let's make use of it."

I've had the R16 for a while now, and have been looking for the right moment to put it to use. Like most musicians, we've all got enough stuff to open a pretty righteous pawn shop.

But, certainly to one your points above Chuck, my live EQ settings are very different from when I want to record in a controlled environment. I find myself tweaking the EQ constantly based on the room, speakers, situation and sound I'm shooting for. Playing a lot of jazz, I look for a more authentic old school vibe rather than a cutting sound. The Amber Upright is pretty much my go-to for most of it. If I were studio record, I might gravitate more toward the Royal Grand, but I don't like it all that much for live use.

It's just a great thing that we are fortunate enough to have dilemmas like this.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Piano 5 73, Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Sponsor

Postby DanielD71 » 30 Mar 2018, 22:56

Just bought a Zoom Q2N two days ago. I still have to check why I my audio is clipping from time to time, but was fun to record myself.
Missed some notes but first time I record myself... ;-)

Watch on youtube.com

Regards

Dan
Daniel
DanielD71

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum