Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Live Buffer on Electro 4

Postby Tonewheel1949 » 24 Mar 2018, 16:20

I am a techno illiterate individual and am asking for help.
I want to put some sounds into the Live buffer section, Two B3 organs, a Wurly and an electric grand. Would someone PLEASE give me a step by step blow by blow sequence
of how to do this on my Electro 4 HP/SW. The help would REALLY be appreciated.
Tonewheel1949

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Live Buffer on Electro 4

Sponsor

Re: Live Buffer on Electro 4

Postby ogunter » 24 Mar 2018, 16:36

Whatever instrument setting you are on, if you hit the Live button, that is the sound that will be there until you change it.
So, for instance, if you are in Program 2 with a Wurlitzer and any EQ/effects you want, if you push live that is what will
be there any time you go back to Live, program 2.
Is that what you meant?
ogunter

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Postby anotherscott » 24 Mar 2018, 16:48

but also remember that the Live locations auto-save whatever changes you make. So for example, if you have one of your B3 programs there, and you change some of the drawbar positions while playing, the next time you go to that Live location, you will get that B3 program with the drawbar positions as you last used them, not as you had originally set them.
anotherscott

Postby Tonewheel1949 » 25 Mar 2018, 17:35

thanks so much with the help on that issue. Iwill post another question.
Tonewheel1949

Postby Tonewheel1949 » 28 Mar 2018, 02:44

OK, I'm a dumbass but I have to ask. What I want to do is set up the live buffer with spot one being a CP80 Amplified Electric Grand, spot two being an Amped Wurly 200 AND SPOT three and four as Hammond B3s.
You said when I am on the sound that I want just press the Live button and that sound will be stored in Live. If say the Amped Wurly is in Program 4.2 and I'm on that sound, I press the Live button to save at sound in Live. After doing this how do I put this sound in the i,2,3 or 4 spot in Live? I hope I'm making myself clear. Thanks.
Tonewheel1949

Postby baekgaard » 28 Mar 2018, 09:33

In the situation you describe above, you need to use the Store button also.

There are two ways of storing settings (a program) to the Live location:

1) Find a program somewhere -- like in your example, it may be in Program 4.2. You may optionally at this point tweak (change) the settings in any way you like.

When you're happy with the sound, what you hear now is what you're going to save to the Live buffer. Do as follows:

* Press Store -- to initiate the action of storing your settings somewhere
* Press Live -- to make the Live LED light up, thus selecting the live buffer area as the destination and not the normal program areas. NOTE: If the Live LED is already lit up, do NOT press Live again.
* Press any of the numbered buttons 1, 2, 3 or 4 -- to select which particular live buffer you want to save to
* Press Store again -- to confirm that you want to store the program to the selected location. NOTE: If you press Shift instead, you will abort the store operation.

There is a small tweak to this: You can also store the content of one live buffer to another. This entails almost the same steps, but as you're already in the Live location before initiating the action, you must omit the second step above. If you want to store e.g. Live location 2 to Live location 4, do as follows: Make sure the Live LED is lit (press Live if it isn't), press 2 to select the sound you want, press Store, press 4, press Store again, and then it's there.

2) As @anotherscott said above, the Live locations auto-store. So you can also do as follows:

* Press Live (if the Live LED is not already lit)
* Press any of the numbered buttons
* Use the knobs, dials and buttons to change the sound to whatever you like it to be (e.g. enable the Organ and disable other engines, tweak the drawbars, percussion settings, etc)

If you now go somewhere else (normal program mode or any other live location) and then go back to the same Live program, it will play exactly the way you left it.

It also means you have to be careful not changing anything unintended while in the live buffer. The live location will remember what you did :-)

(NOTE: I don't have an Electro 4, but are familiar with other models that I assume are quite similar -- at least according to the Electro 4 manual that I checked for you).
Last edited by baekgaard on 28 Mar 2018, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.

The author baekgaard was thanked by:
stiiiiiiive
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby stiiiiiiive » 28 Mar 2018, 11:07

ogunter wrote:Whatever instrument setting you are on, if you hit the Live button, that is the sound that will be there until you change it.
So, for instance, if you are in Program 2 with a Wurlitzer and any EQ/effects you want, if you push live that is what will
be there any time you go back to Live, program 2.
Is that what you meant?

I confirm that was an error. Otherwise, you would have no use for a Live buffer: you would set a program X, go to live buffer to copy it, and each time you would come back to that live buffer, you would erase that with the program yu come from :)

Baekgaard summed it up!
Minkovski FB
Toxic Overdrive Deezer
DNOT Deezer FB
stiiiiiiive

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Modular
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby Tonewheel1949 » 28 Mar 2018, 15:50

baekgaard

Thank you for your answer. It was exactly the step by step explanation that my dumbass brain needed!! stiiiiiiive thank you for your help also.
I found the owners manual to be lacking when it comes to this. Thanks again!! This forum is soooo helpful.

Tonewheel1949

The author Tonewheel1949 was thanked by:
Berretje
Tonewheel1949

Return to Nord Electro Forum