Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

How many parameters can be assigned to one morph source?

Postby zahush76 » 21 Sep 2020, 17:30

I was wondering how many parameters can be assigned to a single morph source (vel, aft, wheel, pedal) per layer, and how many in total for a single layer from all 4 continuous morphs and the impulse morph - and how many for the whole 4 layers in total.
I remember when i had the Nord Lead 4 and also on the Stage 3 - there's a limit
zahush76

How many parameters can be assigned to one morph source?

Sponsor

Re: How many parameters can be assigned to one morph source?

Postby DJKeys » 21 Sep 2020, 17:58

I don't think there is a limit, but haven't tested it, and have no reason to use more than a few at once.

What would you want to accomplish by morphing 30 parameters at once, assuming that is possible?

-dj
Last edited by DJKeys on 21 Sep 2020, 18:06, edited 5 times in total.

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
iMac i7 10.15.7
Studio One 4.6
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre

The author DJKeys was thanked by:
Marlowes
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby zahush76 » 21 Sep 2020, 20:04

DJKeys wrote:I don't think there is a limit, but haven't tested it, and have no reason to use more than a few at once.

What would you want to accomplish by morphing 30 parameters at once, assuming that is possible?

-dj

That's like asking why would you need 32 mod slots on the Hydrasynth.
I imagine that not all morphing should be extreme. Subtle changes to several parameters to achieve pleasing results.
So it's mostly a question of information. If you could test that, i'd appreciate it very much.
I'm trying to make up my mind between the NW2 and the Novation Summit. The Summit has a mod matrix (and an additional mod matrix dedicated just for the fx section). That's deep. Not to mention the analog filters.
But setting up modulation invloves menu diving, there are less options in the osc section (except it has real wavetables and not just single cycle waves).

But to me, in lot of cases it makes more sense to have a morph type of modulation than a constant type of modulation. Although the Summit allows modulating parameters via velocity, aftertouch, wheel and expression pedal just like the NW2 as well as having two "annimate" buttons (which work like the impulse morph). But each mod assign like this occupies one mod slot of the 16. Which brings me back to the reason i'm trying to understand if there's a limit to how many parameters can be assigned via the morph system.
zahush76

Postby FZiegler » 21 Sep 2020, 22:44

OK, you are talking about NW2.

The manual says that you can control "several" parametres with one morph source. And you can delete not only all morphs at once, but also one parametre by one. There is no limit mentioned - but you might ask Nord directly.

Edit: I'd assume there is no matrix or grid that can be full but rather real time calculating power might be used up at a certain moment, depending on the effects you are using.
Last edited by FZiegler on 22 Sep 2020, 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.54) - Yamaha CP33 - Yamaha reface-CP

The author FZiegler was thanked by:
Marlowes
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Wave Forum