OS 1.24 is live at mothership!

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
Gambold

Re: OS 1.24 is live at mothership!

Post by Gambold »

>Not based on my experience. Maybe I am just used to it because I tend to buy newly released stuff, but many keyboards I have owned have had similar frequent early O/S updates to address problems<

I meant as far as Nord releases go. I haven't been here forever but I don't remember this level of concern with the last few new boards.

As far as new releases from the other corporate behemoths, I just assume they will be a buggy mess :)
Spider
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by Spider »

Gambold wrote: I haven't been here forever but I don't remember this level of concern with the last few new boards.
Just look at the update history of the Stage Classic and Stage 2. The pattern is the same: lots of big updates in the first 6-12 months, both fixing bugs and introducing whole new features.

So what's happening with the Stage 3 is nothing unusual.
I expect about a year for the product to be fully mature, and then there will still be minor but constant updates and bugfixing.

I'm not saying it's great, of course everybody would prefer to have a perfect instrument right away. Just saying that it's normal, like it or not.

If anything, the positive takeaway from this is that it shows that Clavia really listens to user requests and keeps updating its boards not only after initial release, but well beyond what many other companies consider their obsolescence point.
The last OS for the original Stage was about 10 years after its release -not many companies do that.
Last edited by Spider on 02 Nov 2017, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Spider for the post (total 3):
Fallboard, Obwanz, Al_DeKlein
Fallboard
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Post by Fallboard »

Spider wrote:
Gambold wrote: I haven't been here forever but I don't remember this level of concern with the last few new boards.
Just look at the update history of the Stage Classic and Stage 2. The pattern is the same: lots of big updates in the first 6-12 months, both fixing bugs and introducing whole new features.

So what's happening with the Stage 3 is nothing unusual.
I expect about a year for the product to be fully mature, and then there will still be minor but constant updates and bugfixing.

I'm not saying it's great, of course everybody would prefer to have a perfect instrument right away. Just saying that it's normal, like it or not.

If anything, the positive takeaway from this is that it shows that Clavia really listens to user requests and keeps updating its boards not only after initial release, but well beyond what many other companies consider their obsolescence point.
The last OS for the original Stage was about 10 years after its release -not many companies do that.
This ^
These users thanked the author Fallboard for the post:
Obwanz
Nord Stage 3 Compact
2012 Steinway Model B
Kawai MP11
Sequential Prophet 10 Rev4
ASM Hydrasynth 49
Moog Matriarch
Yamaha MODx
derrellpiper
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3

Post by derrellpiper »

Al_DeKlein wrote:Who cares if text/dates on the website are correct or not... unimportant technicalities. v1.24 is a big "nothing burger" that shows Nord is doing the bare minimum to keep the angry hoards at bae... Guess ill check back in for v1.4X in 2018 :thumbdown:
I believe the phrase is, "keep the hoards at bay." You're obviously not a software engineer and it sounds like you hate your Stage already, so sell it. I'm pretty happy with all the updates myself and have no actual complaints. It's a delightful instrument here.
These users thanked the author derrellpiper for the post:
Obwanz
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.
Obwanz
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by Obwanz »

I totally agree! Even if the organ isn’t quite right (yet), the Stage 3 is the most incredible, amazing and uttely mind blowing keyboard I’ve ever put my hands on. I will be posting audio examples soon of why this is true.

Bravo Nord!
These users thanked the author Obwanz for the post:
analogika
Obwanz

(Patch Creator)

Current keys: Hammond B2 w Leslie 122, Kronos 88, Hammond XK3 w Leslie 21, Oberheim OB-8,
MiniMoog, Kurzweil K2500
Current Nord gear: Stage 3 HA 88
analogika
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by analogika »

anotherscott wrote:There are plenty of boards out there where some functionality is quirky, where odds are it will never be addressed.
My Roland JX-10 had a completely broken MIDI implementation until Colin Fraser completely rewrote the entire OS thirty years after it was released...and Roland’s kind of a big company.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
blizz
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by blizz »

New OS 1.24 installed. Another step forward. I am convinced that NORD will solve all the issues over time.
BuckW

Post by BuckW »

If it's a nothing burger does that mean really they've outsourced v 1.24 to the Russians?

Very bad news indeed. Nord has been Finlandized.
Jonnie Cache

Post by Jonnie Cache »

Al_DeKlein wrote:Who cares if text/dates on the website are correct or not... unimportant technicalities. v1.24 is a big "nothing burger" that shows Nord is doing the bare minimum to keep the angry hoards at bae... Guess ill check back in for v1.4X in 2018 :thumbdown:
Trolling... [emoji1304]
Quai34
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Post by Quai34 »

I agree with AldeKlein and Gambold: I haven't bought the Stage 3 yet but in Canada, I will have to pay 5000 CAN$ to get the Compact when I had paid 4000$ only for the Stage 2 88....I would expect not to have all the issues you have guys...
Last edited by Quai34 on 03 Nov 2017, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.