NORD STAGE 4 officially announced for February 16th 2023

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
hernjov1
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: NORD STAGE 4 officially announced for February 16th 2023

Post by hernjov1 »

All in all. The S-4 should be a big updated Nord board... Hope I'm right about that! I have personal been waiting to see what this new machine has to offer, and although my current NS3C is a great board. I will patiently wait awhile to see how this new keyboard works out, and possible glitches it may have before a possible purchase of one... Biggest reason for my interest in it is that I want to be able to made my NS3C as a backup board Incase of a unwanted breakdown gigging... If one board would need repaired then I could dump all my program patches from one to the other board without finding a rental board or dealing with backup boards that don't have the mega hours of programming I would need to tweak sounds & samples! I am also one of those guys that only use one board on stage for many reasons including less weight & time needed to set up during a show...
Price will be key too because I don't want to over budget myself for what is a very expensive board I already have!
Last but not least! Letz all hope this is the bomb of a Nord board for interested Nord buyers!
We know Clavia hopes so! Lol
Nord Stage 3 Compact, Roland AX-7 keyboard guitar. Past keyboards and modules. Roland A-70 Controller, Kurzweil K25OORS Sampler, Roland D-50, Korg NSR5 module, Juno 60, Roland 106, Korg Poly 6, Yamaha DX-7, Hammond B-3 with 122 Leslie...
Hlaalu

Post by Hlaalu »

StrangeAeons wrote: Thank you, I genuinely thought they were supposed to sound different. That means that all of the various models featured in Crumar and Viscount’s emulations actually sound different because they were modelled after organs built in different times and possibly with different components, but not because they were different “models”, correct?
Yes, differences in sound between an A-100 and a B-3 are as likely to occur as differences between two different B-3s. This doesn't necessarily have to do with different manufacturing eras, but could be simply the result of different conditions/aging of the very same component.

The fact that some modern organs indicate as their modelled tonewheels the names "B-3", "C-3", "A-100", and the like, is probably because they originally sampled different organs that "happened" to be B-3s, C-3s, and so on. They could have used the serial number instead, or simply call them "organ 1", "organ 2", and so on, it would have been the same.

The latest digital organs from Hammond itself do this, referencing in their settings A-100s, B-3s and C-3s.
florence
Patch Creator

Post by florence »

hernjov1 wrote: Biggest reason for my interest in it is that I want to be able to made my NS3C as a backup board Incase of a unwanted breakdown gigging... If one board would need repaired then I could dump all my program patches from one to the other board without finding a rental board or dealing with backup boards that don't have the mega hours of programming I would need to tweak sounds & samples! I am also one of those guys that only use one board on stage for many reasons including less weight & time needed to set up during a show...
Well then buy another NS3C, I'm pretty sure that a NS3 program cannot be loaded directly to the new NS4... was the case between all previous versions.
These users thanked the author florence for the post:
analogika
My free online tool to view Nord Stage programs https://ns3-program-viewer.glitch.me
La Tomate
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Post by La Tomate »

Last edited by La Tomate on 15 Feb 2023, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author La Tomate for the post (total 3):
Nordlicht, florence, FZiegler
Roland Juno 60, Juno 106, D50, D70, RD500
Clavia Nord Lead 3, Nord Stage 2 HA 88
Hlaalu

Post by Hlaalu »

How funny is that that the first picture of the NORD Stage 4 comes from SUD-Claviers? :lol:
Afghanza
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Post by Afghanza »

€4444,- for the compact? Is this to emphasize it is a model 4? :-) I was hoping voor €4000,- max… Looks good.
Some music I play keys on Apple and Spotify
florence
Patch Creator

Post by florence »

My free online tool to view Nord Stage programs https://ns3-program-viewer.glitch.me
taxman
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by taxman »

Can't see an extern section on the panel
Edith... it's in the synth secrion
Last edited by taxman on 15 Feb 2023, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Post by maxpiano »

KNO-NS4-73.jpg
KNO-NS4-73.jpg (163.4 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
taxman wrote:Can't see an extern section on the panel
Edith... it's in the synth secrion
EDIT: Actually you are right: in Synth, under the "Mode" button and also the Extern black button on bottom left of the same Synth picture
KNO-NS4-COMPACT-16-2.jpg
KNO-NS4-COMPACT-16-2.jpg (135.81 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
Last edited by maxpiano on 15 Feb 2023, 12:45, edited 8 times in total.
Nordlicht
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4

Post by Nordlicht »

It looks like SUD Claviers has ruined the party for Nord…
Nord Piano 5 + Nord Piano Monitors, Nord Stage 4 Compact + other stuff
https://soundcloud.com/spektralfarben