Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, and the Nord Grand.

Re: NORD GRAND KEYBED: customized RH3

Postby GuiliClayder » 27 Aug 2019, 10:11

I'm in the process of deciding between the Kawai MP11SE or VPC1, paired with a Dexibell Vivo SX7 sound module, or a Nord Grand.
Haven't played the Grand yet, but I have played the MP7SE. And while the keybed is really good, it's nothing like the MP11SE or VPC1.

There's no way of knowing in what way Kawai's RHIII keybed has been customized for Nord, so I'm hoping someone here can tell me. I like the feel and touch of the MP7SE, but the keybed isn't completely silent.

Check this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3LeMPHKRrE

I know that the Fatar keybeds used in the Stage 3 and Piano 4, for example, aren't very good, and noisy. But hoping that someone can make an objective comparison between the Nord Grand and the MP11SE/VPC1 as far as keybed noise is concerned. The Kawai MP7SE is a LOT quieter than the Piano 4, for example, but I'm kind of hoping that Nord has modified the keybed to make it near silent.
It's rather simple : if the Nord Grand isn't as quiet as the VP1 or MP11SE, I'm not buying it. Makes sense : the Nord Grand is a very expensive piece of kit, so I think it's normal that we as customers expect nothing but the best...
Last edited by GuiliClayder on 27 Aug 2019, 10:12, edited 2 times in total.
GuiliClayder

Sponsor

Postby Mr_-G- » 27 Aug 2019, 10:27

Really you should try it personally. No amount of information on whether the keybed has been modified really matters if you do not like the result. Impressions are subjective and this is an expensive instrument to just rely on somebody else's perception.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Rychubil » 27 Aug 2019, 10:58

Mr_-G- wrote:Really you should try it personally. No amount of information on whether the keybed has been modified really matters if you do not like the result. Impressions are subjective and this is an expensive instrument to just rely on somebody else's perception.

Absolutely agree! If you still consider to buy Nord Grand, obligatory you must to try it. Everyone impressions can be different. BTW playing on RH-N with nord samples is completely different than on RHIII with Kawai sound engine.
P.S. don't compare Fatar noisy and clicky actions on NS3 or NP4 with NG - different world of touch, action and noise/silent.
Roland FP-30 | Synthogy Ivory II - Grand Pianos | Production Voices - Compact Grand, Electric V | Neumann KH120 | Grado SR80i | Mackie Big Knob Passive | Zoom H4n
Rychubil

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Postby GuiliClayder » 27 Aug 2019, 11:30

Will have to wait until October then, the Nord Grand isn't available until then in my country...
GuiliClayder

Postby Rychubil » 27 Aug 2019, 12:48

No way, you have to wait. :roll:
Roland FP-30 | Synthogy Ivory II - Grand Pianos | Production Voices - Compact Grand, Electric V | Neumann KH120 | Grado SR80i | Mackie Big Knob Passive | Zoom H4n
Rychubil

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Postby nordkeys » 27 Aug 2019, 22:00

GuiliClayder wrote:I'm in the process of deciding between the Kawai MP11SE or VPC1, paired with a Dexibell Vivo SX7 sound module, or a Nord Grand.
Haven't played the Grand yet, but I have played the MP7SE. And while the keybed is really good, it's nothing like the MP11SE or VPC1.

There's no way of knowing in what way Kawai's RHIII keybed has been customized for Nord, so I'm hoping someone here can tell me. I like the feel and touch of the MP7SE, but the keybed isn't completely silent.

Check this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3LeMPHKRrE

I know that the Fatar keybeds used in the Stage 3 and Piano 4, for example, aren't very good, and noisy. But hoping that someone can make an objective comparison between the Nord Grand and the MP11SE/VPC1 as far as keybed noise is concerned. The Kawai MP7SE is a LOT quieter than the Piano 4, for example, but I'm kind of hoping that Nord has modified the keybed to make it near silent.
It's rather simple : if the Nord Grand isn't as quiet as the VP1 or MP11SE, I'm not buying it. Makes sense : the Nord Grand is a very expensive piece of kit, so I think it's normal that we as customers expect nothing but the best...

I have a Nord Grand, and tried out the MP11SE before I bought it. I can't speak for the noise because it just isn't loud enough for me to care, but to me, the action on the Nord Grand is more responsive than the MP11SE.
nordkeys

Previous

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum