NE4 Program Files

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
jimmyjames
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

NE4 Program Files

Post by jimmyjames »

Trying something here. I have a Casio PX-5S and almost a thousand user programs have been posted on their user site. I posted a message a couple months ago about creating a similar section for user program files for the NE4.

There is the great bank of Vox/Farfisa programs on the Nord web site. I think it would be great to also have additional banks for B3 sounds, sampled sounds, and piano sounds (I've seen a file for "Riders on the Storm" requested). It looks like Nord is not interested in creating these so perhaps us users can post the ones we have created to share with everyone else. If there is enough interest, maybe the moderators will create a special section for users to post NE4 programs like they have for Stage Programs.

My goal would be that users post programs they use for specific songs and identify them somehow by the song name. If it is a sample-based program, the specific sample that is used also needs to be identified so it can be downloaded along with the program....that's not needed for B3 programs obviously. I will start by posting the program I use for Whipping Post by the Allman Bros. It is a split organ program with the softer verse stop settings on the bottom half of the keyboard and the wider open settings on the top half. Don't be shy...let's see what you have!
Attachments
Whipped.ne4p
(136 Bytes) Downloaded 151 times
Last edited by jimmyjames on 28 Aug 2014, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
jimmyjames

Re: NE4 Program Files

Post by jimmyjames »

I had a reunion of my college band a few months ago. We played Foreplay/Longtime. After almost 35 years of not playing it, it was pretty much a train wreck, but it was fun to try nonetheless. I created this program for it. An interesting element to this was that I needed to have a way to change organ stop settings but, given the complicated nature Foreplay, I didn't want to have to remove my hands from the keys to do it. I have my PX-5S MIDI'd to my Nord so I set it up to have my sustain pedal for the PX-5S broadcast a message over CC3 to add and remove the split function on the NE4 which gave me foot control to switch between quieter and louder settings. Doesn't need to be a PX-5S...you should be able to do this with any decent controller. If anyone tries this program, let me know what you think about how well I did copying the initial quieter organ sound. I've seen a number of different setting used for this.
Attachments
Foreplay Longtim.ne4p
(136 Bytes) Downloaded 153 times
Johannes
Administrator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by Johannes »

Hi,
I agree. If there is sufficient interest we could create a section for nord electro programs. Let's see what people think /upload. We will decide then.
BTW, your whipped program seems corrupted, could up maybe upload it again?

And great song foreplay /long time, not the easiest for keys for sure :-)
jimmyjames

Post by jimmyjames »

Johannes, first thank you for all the great work you do for this forum and thank you for keeping an open mind about program sections on this forum for the Electros 3 & 4. There doesn't seem to be much interest yet but I will keep trying.

I downloaded the Whipped file from here and reloaded it to my NE4 and it worked fine so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm assuming, of course, you tried to load it on to an NE4 as that is the only instrument it will work on. Just in case, here it is again. For anyone else who downloaded this, maybe you can weigh in and let us know if there was a problem.
Attachments
Whipped.ne4p
(136 Bytes) Downloaded 115 times
elektromin
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Post by elektromin »

Here's two clavinet programs I made for Superstition and Higher Ground, both by Stevie Wonder.
Superstition is a bright model CB with a little delay.
Higher Ground is a model CA with auto-wah and some delay.
Hope you like them!
Attachments
Superstition.ne4p
(136 Bytes) Downloaded 240 times
Higher Ground.ne4p
(136 Bytes) Downloaded 206 times
These users thanked the author elektromin for the post (total 2):
jimmyjames, Berretje
jimmyjames

Post by jimmyjames »

Thanks Elektromin! Have downloaded & will check them out.
jimmyjames

Post by jimmyjames »

Based on some possible renewed interest in expanding this, I am freshening this thread so it can act as a repository.
jimmyjames

Post by jimmyjames »

Thought I would try some server clogging today. Attached is an EP program bundle that replicates a sound that I used years ago. I went into a studio in Philadelphia in 1979 to record a three song demo with my band with delusions of getting a recording contract. The song was somewhat edgy so to get my then 1976 stage 73 Rhodes to get an edgy sound, the engineer used the fanciest state-of-the-art outboard equipment of the time (I recall some Eventide equipment). The sound accentuates the non-note tine sound from the sample.

I thank Pablo for his suggestion to use a bundle which I think is a good idea except for programs using acoustic piano samples where I agree that it would take up a ridiculous amount of bandwidth and disc space if everyone did that...I think a link to the Nord web site is a better idea for those. I also apologize for no control panel picture for NE3 and prospective NE5 users. I created this program before we had this sharing idea in mind so I'm not exactly sure what the EQ settings are. BTW...would love some software that shows program settings maybe as an add-on to a future version of Sound Manager...would help bridge the incompatibility gap.
Attachments
Give Me Ur Love.ne4pb
(6.12 MiB) Downloaded 113 times
Last edited by jimmyjames on 25 Mar 2015, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
pablomastodon
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by pablomastodon »

Hi Jimmy,

Forum members may be more appreciative if you include .mp3 audio recording before thinking about downloading a 6+MB file.

Do I understand correctly that this program which you have provided uses something from the Nord Piano Library for its sound and not a sample? Or is this is based on a sample which you have produced?

Bless,

Pablo
Last edited by pablomastodon on 25 Mar 2015, 23:35, edited 2 times in total.
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
jimmyjames

Post by jimmyjames »

Thanks for the good suggestion Pablo...I will try to add one in the next couple of days. This is based on the EP1 sample from the Nord Library but it also sounds nice (IMO) with the EP7 amped Rhodes sample.