We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience. If you "ACCEPT" setting, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Accept
General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX) and Nord Stage 2 (EX) Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Recording the Stage 2 EX using a portable recorder

Postby nord_stage » 09 Jan 2017, 12:30

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out the best configuration for recording Stage 2 EX using a portable recorder, specifically Zoom H6. from the user manual I understand that I need to use CH1 and CH2 to record in Stereo, but are these 2 channels separate stereo out channels or 2 mono channels? In other words would it work better if I use one stereo cable from CH1 into one line-in on my Zoom or do I have to record in CH1 and CH2 simultaneously into 2 different line-in inputs on the Zoom?

:thanks:
nord_stage

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Recording the Stage 2 EX using a portable recorder

Sponsor

Re: Recording the Stage 2 EX using a portable recorder

Postby phogy » 09 Jan 2017, 17:26

Hey nord_stage. They are left and right outputs by default. You can route individual instruments to CH 3 and 4 via the menu as well as configure CH 1 and CH 2 as dual mono by pressing the shift+SLOT A (Mono Output lit).
Hope this helps!
phogy

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Re: Recording the Stage 2 EX using a portable recorder

Postby fernandorm » 09 Jan 2017, 18:42

Hello. I use the headphones output with a stereo cable and sounds nice, maybe is not the best way but works ,)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
fernandorm

Return to Nord Stage Forum