NS2 Wish List: Something missing on the NS2?

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
Gustavo
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2
Mexico

Re: NS2 Wish List: Something missing on the NS2?

Post by Gustavo »

I would like a customizable pitch bend range. Been said a lot of times before, and I will keep on insisting!!

Also, it would be nice to have some of the improvements of the C2D organ, seeing as the C2 already got some.
Synths: Nord Stage 2 SW, Nord Lead 4R, Vintage Vibe 64 Active, Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2, Minimoog Voyager, Prophet 6, Korg Volcas
Stand: K&M Spider Pro and Hercules X Stands
Recording: Zoom UAC-8
Speakers: EV ELXP 112-P, Event Alp 5
ballacr75
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3
Italy

Post by ballacr75 »

I'd like that arpeggio can run also in chord mode (both led light at half intensity)
And a function tha copy the current synth patch from slot a to b!
Thanks
Emanuele Ballasina, ballacr75, acadballa
http://www.acadballa.com
Clavia Nord Stage 2 HA 88, Yamaha Motif ES6 + plg150an + dx + vl, Access Virus TI, Kurzweil PC361, Yamaha FS1R, Mutable Instruments Shruthi-1
Wayne Adam
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Canada

Post by Wayne Adam »

Check the sound on the Imperial grand and Italian grand - even on your demo. There is a high pitch ring that is obvious. It is more obvious on middle C and An octave lower on E. Certain chords make it stand out more. Have you noticed it or had any hardware complaints. I think it is the sample - tried everything to make it go away. It is almost as thought it begins to appear after playing for a few minutes. Is this or could it be a ram problem and other notes not caching out? it is as though the processor get overwhelmed taking on the key velocity with everything else.
Just throwing it out there and seeing if it has been an issue or if anyone else has noticed it.
jazzystu

Post by jazzystu »

The lack of Rhodes square pan is headbangingly unacceptable.
Gero Drnek
Germany

Post by Gero Drnek »

#1 I`m also missing the "Sustainpedal as Rotor toggle" function, cause i mostley need both hands for other purposes. Especially as i use the triple sustain pedal.
#2 A programmable Main volume for the setup, to adjust the overall level of each programm easily.
#3 I would also love to have customizable Pitchbender
#4 ....and customizable splitpoints. Not just 4th.

but now to a real problem:I cant use the synth AT ALL; the cutoff freq cicles every 35 sek. EVERY 35 sek the cutoff switches to full blast, that means all mellow synth-sounds bark out EVERy 35 sek for no reason :sad:
any ideas, guys?
Last edited by Gero Drnek on 10 May 2013, 10:59, edited 3 times in total.
Gero Drnek
Germany

Post by Gero Drnek »

cookie wrote:Maybe already stated in the thread, but I discovered that the Monitor In is not rerouted to the outputs.
Too bad, wanted to plug upper keyboard in there, in order to master the volume control of both kb only via the NS2, using only 1 DI box.

Fred
I totally agree. Same situation. The routing should be somehow obtional, shouldn`t it ;)
Last edited by Gero Drnek on 10 May 2013, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
babbidibop
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Post by babbidibop »

Hi all,

Not sure if this is already suggested here somewhere...

But I would very much like to have the possibility of having seperate drive/rotary speaker values for slots A and B

Or even to be able to control the drive via the morph function with either the control pedal or Morph wheel...

Also it would be great if it is possible to update the organ section to the same version as in the Electro 4 (as discussed in another thread here on the forum)
dt_swe
Sweden

Post by dt_swe »

Seamless program transition!

It should be possible (or at least to achieve via configuration) that program changes are not interrupting sounds that were intitiated prior to the program change. This is regardless on why the sound is still there: sustain pedal, key pressed, reverb effects, release time or whatever.

Most important though is to be able to keep the previous sound with the sustain pedal - only new key presses comes with the new program.

I actually think the lack of this is a major drawback of this otherwise fabulous instrument.
Last edited by dt_swe on 11 Jul 2013, 14:22, edited 3 times in total.
hijlko
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage EX
Netherlands

Post by hijlko »

Current: Nord Stage 88 Classic Revision C
Use: The NS is the only keyboard I use which also controlles a Yamaha Motif ES module using the external section. Mostly used for performing therefore the split and A/B functions are used often. I use a pedal for sustain, a pedal for leslie on/off and a swell pedal for morphing (mostly volume to add/remove strings or two switch between two sounds on the same split (positive/negative volume morphing)).
Prenote 1: As I don't own the NS2 I might ask for options which are already there.
Prenote 2: Because I expect whatever upgrade from the NS2 within a year I won't buy the NS2 now (could have had the EX for the same price as the Classic if I had waited for only 2 months, so been there already).

What I would like:
- Enough memory for all available (now and in the reasonable future) piano samples.
- New clavinet samples WITH KEY-OFF SAMPLES (if you don't know what I mean you probably cannot imagine how much greater the current clavs would sound).
- Latest hammond engine.
- Loads of sample memory.
- # and b (flat) or - and + character (so I can enter the key of a song into the program title).
- Same keyboard as on the 88 classic (maybe the HA is ok for synth and organ use).
- Higher split point resolution but please keep the splitpoint indicators.
- Keep the weight below 20kgs.
- Second midi input which can be merged with the first (future use) which then both go to the midi output.
- Audio inputs routable to output 1&2 and/or 3&4 and/or phones.
- Tablets, apps, etc only as additional convenience (if any) but not as a necessity. Keep it a performance machine which is fine as it is.
- More volume headroom for the hammond. With few drawbars the volume is maybe authentic but too low to mix with the other sounds.
- Bring the display (and operators) closer to the keys so it can still be seen with a keyboard above (future use maybe).
- Bring it on a.s.a.p. or state there will be no upgrade of the NS2 until 2015 !!!
These users thanked the author hijlko for the post:
Hambone
Procman
France

Post by Procman »

These users thanked the author Procman for the post (total 2):
Hambone, Randelph