E5D - How do I move created Programs to Setlist?

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
jouleskeys
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Great Britain

E5D - How do I move created Programs to Setlist?

Post by jouleskeys »

I am new to this having got this 5d a couple of days ago, part ex for my E3.
I have created individual programs with the sound needed per song. This seemed easier than creating Setlists, which has just confused me. Am wondering if there is a method to move programmes to Setlists.

Thanks for your help and bearing with this learning curve...
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Germany

Re: E5D - How do I move created Programs to Setlist?

Post by FZiegler »

There's a user manual online. P. 11 in the English version.

Each setlist entry can contain up to 4 programs (buttons A-D). You won't move programs to the setlist but just dial them in to the setlist.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
jouleskeys
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Great Britain

Post by jouleskeys »

Thank you FZiegler! The manual is relatively good. I feel that maybe I will leave this set in the program area as it's a bit confusing tbh.
ericL
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3
United States of America

Post by ericL »

The real power in using Songs and Setlist is the ability to group a set of programs together in one package, then arrange in order on the fly. Let's say you need 2-3 different programs for multiple songs you're playing. You can simply point to those programs you need and save them together as a song. Then have each of your songs configured accordingly with programs needed...then you organize them to match your band's set list.

The power of this is you don't have to duplicate programs you use frequently. As an example, I'll mention a few generic songs and programs:

Song 1 uses these programs:
- Upright Piano with delay
- Overdriven organ
- Wurly

Song 2 uses these programs:
- Wurly
- Overdriven organ
- Synth lead

In the above example, if you were just using programs, you'd have to navigate around to find the needed programs. If you save them in the song memory, each song will maintain the necessary programs that are being pointed to from the song.

It takes a moment to realize the benefits of using this type of system. Good luck!
These users thanked the author ericL for the post:
Tracii
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Germany

Post by FZiegler »

jouleskeys wrote: 20 May 2024, 13:07 I feel that maybe I will leave this set in the program area ...
Programs are always left in the program area when added to a song list (set list) - they won't move but only be added in the set list as a pointer towards the relevant program. As ericL explained.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars