Piano/Pad on Nord Electro 4

Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series (Nord Electro, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5 D/HP/SW versions)
Forum rules
Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series : NE, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5.
When creating a new topic, it's good to add a prefix in you title that mention one of these Electro version,
e.g., [NE4]: Program for Van Halen - Jump
Chazz
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Piano/Pad on Nord Electro 4

Post by Chazz »

I love my Nord Electro 4. However, I haven´t found a really good piano/pad yet - any suggestions on this?

1. Is it possible to create one (Relink?)
2. Any piano/pad that I just haven´t discovered yet in the library?
3. Any experience with other accessories or programs? Fx MainStage?
(If it is not possible to find or create in the NE4)

4. The Nord Stage has different excellent piano/pads - but this are not compatible with my NE4 - correct?

Any insight or suggestions are very welcome - I NEED A GOOD PIANO/PAD :)
Marlowes
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Re: Piano/Pad on Nord Electro 4

Post by Marlowes »

Hello neighbor!

On my Stage I can layer anything. Awesome. :D

The Electro is mono-timbral as I can remember, but have excellent pianos (npno files).
A piano/pad for you have to be a sample (nsmp file). But will it be very dynamic?

There have been several very good postings of layered piano/pads (nsmp) on this forum ... search it ...
Of course, good or not depends on your taste.

I have a second hand eBay:ed iPad2 loaded with synths etc which with MIDI I can run in parallel with my Nords, like the NL2X.
Makes the possibilities endless. And I'm excited about the quality of the iPad apps (or I'm getting deaf?). And it's small.

Worth a try? ;)
Last edited by Marlowes on 05 Jun 2014, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Marlowes for the post:
Chazz
NE3HP, NP88, NS2, DPP1, NL2X, NL2X, NLA1, NL4, NE5D, NW2 (Collect Them All?), some classic Rolands, Arturias, a Waldorf, a Kurz, a WONOK3, a pile of guitars, a P-bass, loopers, amps and computers ...
I'm a gearslut! :oops:
Chazz

Post by Chazz »

Hello neighbor :)

Thanks for answering!

Yes, it is mono-timbral and that is why I think files from the Nord Stage are not compatible.
Looking into samples, and also searching this forum for more posts.

iPad is great - I already have one :)
Any apps you recommend (especially for piano/pad and pads?) I am looking into MainStage.
Small is good, that is also part of why I love the NE4 - easy to carry around :P
Marlowes
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Post by Marlowes »

Hi Chazz!

For the iPad I like the Sunrizer very much! Gives me a vintage feeling ... 8-)
Also have the iMini and Arturia iSEM, but they are perhaps too special to layer with piano?

The iPad is small and easy to bring. Easy to use. = Nice at a gig.
I use it in a holder on the mic stand. Perfect!
With MainStage you need a more expensive Mac? More bits to tweak?
NE3HP, NP88, NS2, DPP1, NL2X, NL2X, NLA1, NL4, NE5D, NW2 (Collect Them All?), some classic Rolands, Arturias, a Waldorf, a Kurz, a WONOK3, a pile of guitars, a P-bass, loopers, amps and computers ...
I'm a gearslut! :oops:
elektromin
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Post by elektromin »

I've tried all piano pad samples that i could find here om the forum, and none of them were good enough. Mostly because of the lack of velocity response.

My workaround is to play the pad sound with one hand on my NL2 and piano or Rhodes with the other hand on the NE4.

/Anders
Leo Castro
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Post by Leo Castro »

Hi, you can turn velocity response "on" pressing shift and the env button on the piano section upper zone, and save it in any program location.
Nord Stage 2 - Roland Juno G - Moog MG-1 - Alesis Vortex 2 - Yamaha DX7llD
Lones

Post by Lones »

Marlowes wrote: 05 Jun 2014, 19:20 Hello neighbor!

The Electro is mono-timbral as I can remember, but have excellent pianos (npno files).
A piano/pad for you have to be a sample (nsmp file). But will it be very dynamic?

There have been several very good postings of layered piano/pads (nsmp) on this forum ... search it ...

I have a second hand eBay:ed iPad2 loaded with synths etc which with MIDI I can run in parallel with my Nords, like the NL2X.
Makes the possibilities endless. And I'm excited about the quality of the iPad apps (or I'm getting deaf?). And it's small.

Worth a try? ;)
Hello. I scoured the forum through a lot of research. I didn't find piano/pad (nsmp) as mentioned. Could you send me a link? I really need to play on my NE4. Thanks
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Post by maxpiano »

Lones wrote: 05 May 2024, 06:53

Worth a try? ;)
Hello. I scoured the forum through a lot of research. I didn't find piano/pad (nsmp) as mentioned. Could you send me a link? I really need to play on my NE4. Thanks
Go on https://nordusersounds.com and you may find it ;)
Lones

Post by Lones »

maxpiano wrote: 05 May 2024, 07:22

Worth a try? ;)
Thanks for your answer! I found this link, but I didn't see any piano+pad there :/
Would there be another possibility?
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Post by maxpiano »

Lones wrote: 05 May 2024, 07:34
maxpiano wrote: 05 May 2024, 07:22

Thanks for your answer! I found this link, but I didn't see any piano+pad there :/
Would there be another possibility?
Impossible, if you just type "piano pad" in the search box of that site you will find them, try again (to restrict range, you have to filter by Type = "Sample" not "Electro")