Buying a C2 - anything to watch out for?

The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum
artofmoog
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 3

Buying a C2 - anything to watch out for?

Post by artofmoog »

Hi all. I'm looking to buy a Nord C2 here in the UK, to use about 75% of the time as a controller for a Hauptwerk/Sweelinq setup, and 25% of try and develop my Hammond chops. :)

I have an option on one that looks to be in super condition, with one owner, and which has never left the house. I'm planning to give it a good check over prior to purchase, playing every key, making sure all the buttons work and the knobs/encoders aren't noisy/jumpy. But is there anything else I should or could be looking out for? These are essentially 15 year old units now, and while my experience of the other Nords I've owned (A1, A1R, Piano, Piano 3, Wave 2) has been flawless in terms of reliability, they were all newer. Thanks in advance for any tips...
Schorsch
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Buying a C2 - anything to watch out for?

Post by Schorsch »

Apart from basic functionality check of buttons/knobs/drawbars I would specifically look at the keybeds to check if all keys work well in both Organ Trig Mode Low and Organ Trig Mode High, if some of them fail it might be because of dirt under the rubber contacts.

You still are on risk for intermitting failures which you might not find when checking but appear later, but that’s the general risk when buying a relatively old instrument
Last edited by Schorsch on 21 Apr 2024, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..