This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Favorite Acoustic/Realistic Piano(s)? You can vote for up to 4.

You may select up to 4 options

View results

Re: POLL: Favorite Acoustic Pianos (complete list, 2018)

Postby afroskully » 20 Mar 2018, 14:13

addedndum to above post: those observations were made playing solo. At my last gig, instead of using my typical grand imperial/amber combo (get bored of one, go to the other) I only used either the velvet and the silver. Started with the velvet at soundcheck and still quite happy with it. But then first song with a full room and everything's louder and the velvet sounds muddy. Switch over to the Silver and it was like a fresh pair of windshield wipers cleaning the grunge away. Sat in the mix beautifully without needing to boost volume at all. Actually played most of the 3 set show without ear protection! (that never happens in this band).

Once I was happy with the silver I tried switching every so often to the grand imp or amber, and neither made me as happy. Silver wins the evening and I have a new go-to.

As far as EQ, typically a tiny bass and treble boost and either a small cut of the lowest mids, or a small boost of around 5-7k depending on the room.
afroskully

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Sponsor

Postby stopmakingsense » 27 May 2019, 13:32

Lately I'm digging the Upright Grand in Bright mode.
stopmakingsense

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Postby themixtape » 10 Jun 2019, 08:49

Even though I just sold my Stage 3 HP 76... I still love the Bambino. The Bambino is probably my all-time favorite upright. Black Upright, Blue Swede, and Amber to follow.

Grands-- The Lady D still destroys (though I didn't vote for it initially-- I voted for Imperial and Royal)... I think the Lady D sounds superb live. Velvet Grand is still my all-time favorite.
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.chriscaulder.net
http://patreon.com/chriscaulder
-------------------------------------------------------
themixtape

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum