This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

flickering display

Postby jerrychopin » 09 Mar 2018, 01:25

hi. probems i believe.
i own a nord elektro 5d

i maded a connection like always with the editor etc to load new samples etc;
once i uploaded the new files nsmp like always; i saw on the display the line of synchronising was in 2 parts. normally you have one line during synchronising. now i had one and below another piece>
now when i change the knob of my programs on the nord the display flickers<. also when i turn on other knobs or even the drawbars the display flickers.

But everything works like normal; exept the flickering display; i am worried if it get wurser. I need my nord to do my gigs.
I also did an update;the latest; still the same.

I thought over to make a backup of the entire sounds of my nord en do the format thing. But i am little bit worried dat when i do the restore im going to lose a lot of files. OR NOT ?
Somebody can maybe help me?
If not;;i must do it back to the shop to repair it. i dont know how many years; one or two years warrenty nord gives IN BELGIUM
thanks boys
jerrychopin

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

flickering display

Sponsor

Re: flickering display

Postby jerrychopin » 09 Mar 2018, 01:32

i readed that when you are doing a restore you always lost files and sAmples ? Is this true ?
Its because it tokes me a lot of time to make abd arrange the sounds and samples in my nord.
so im worried that im going to lose some stuff. Or maybe is there another way to save everything? I dont now :(
jerrychopin

Re: flickering display

Postby ajstan » 09 Mar 2018, 03:57

I have an NS3 but I think that the principles are the same with the NE5.

Regarding your first post, try disconnecting your computer from your NE5 and see if the flickering stops. I think the reason for the flickering is that while you’re connected, Sound Manager is syncing everything at the same time, so everything slows down on your keyboard.

As for the second post regarding backup and restore, a full restore replaces everything on the keyboard with what is in the backup file you are using for the restore. So yes, everything you changed or added since the backup file was created would be lost. I would recommend that before you restore, if possible, perform a backup of your keyboard in its current state first so you have a copy of all of your activity to-date.

Good luck!
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K, Behringer XR18 Mixer
ajstan

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to General Nord Forum