General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Stage 3 Sustain Pedal Issue

Postby maxpiano » 24 Nov 2017, 10:38

@wjones
Just another test I'd suggest to try, if not done already, just "for fun" while waiting for feedback from Nord: what if you use the DualKB mode (Style) which addresses the whole Panel B and not just the Piano section?
Last edited by maxpiano on 24 Nov 2017, 10:40, edited 2 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby MrTobbe » 24 Nov 2017, 15:19

maxpiano wrote:@wjones
Just another test I'd suggest to try, if not done already, just "for fun" while waiting for feedback from Nord: what if you use the DualKB mode (Style) which addresses the whole Panel B and not just the Piano section?

Sorry, but... since v1.24 - using the whole of Panel B in Dual KB mode is no longer possible...

Nord Stage 3 sw73
Viscount KeyB Legend Live
Leslie 3300
Korg M3-88, fully expanded
Hammond E112
and a lot more stuff...
MrTobbe

Postby wjones » 18 Feb 2018, 06:48

I thought I'd post some new, possibly related issues in this old thread. My midi setup is the same as in my original post's clarification.

1. Cannot use control pedal (that's plugged into the Nord) to morph parameters being played by an external board in Dual KB Mode.

It's possible that this is intended behavior- much like the sustain pedal that's plugged into the Nord not sustaining the external board. However, it seems unintuitive that I'm not able to manually assign something like this with the morph function. I discovered the behavior when playing out the other night. At practice, I'd worked up a nice little Rhodes sound that I was doing volume swells with using my control pedal. It worked great with just the Nord. At the gig I added the external midi controller in DUAL KB mode and found I couldn't assign the control pedal to the piano volume when using the controller. I restarted the keyboard twice before I realized why it might not work.

2. Seamless transitions do not work on sounds being held with the sustain pedal on external midi controller in Dual KB mode.

I have the feature on, and it works fine on the Nord itself. However, if I use the sustain pedal to hold a piano chord being played on the external board, then a program change cuts off the held notes. This does not seem like intended behavior and seems related to the original bug I reported in this post.

I know I'm not alone playing a NS3 compact with an 88 weighted controller in Dual KB mode. It seems like such an obvious setup considering the Nord's power and flexibility. I'm surprised that there are so many little issues with the implementation.
Last edited by wjones on 18 Feb 2018, 06:52, edited 1 time in total.
---------------------------------------
Nord Stage 3 Compact
Studiologic SL88 Grand
The CAT by Octave
Leslie 145
Silverface Bassman 70 + Custom 2x10" Cabinet
JBL PRX612 x 2
wjones

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby wjones » 20 Feb 2018, 06:12

wjones wrote:I thought I'd post some new, possibly related issues in this old thread. My midi setup is the same as in my original post's clarification.

1. Cannot use control pedal (that's plugged into the Nord) to morph parameters being played by an external board in Dual KB Mode.

It's possible that this is intended behavior- much like the sustain pedal that's plugged into the Nord not sustaining the external board. However, it seems unintuitive that I'm not able to manually assign something like this with the morph function. I discovered the behavior when playing out the other night. At practice, I'd worked up a nice little Rhodes sound that I was doing volume swells with using my control pedal. It worked great with just the Nord. At the gig I added the external midi controller in DUAL KB mode and found I couldn't assign the control pedal to the piano volume when using the controller. I restarted the keyboard twice before I realized why it might not work.

2. Seamless transitions do not work on sounds being held with the sustain pedal on external midi controller in Dual KB mode.

I have the feature on, and it works fine on the Nord itself. However, if I use the sustain pedal to hold a piano chord being played on the external board, then a program change cuts off the held notes. This does not seem like intended behavior and seems related to the original bug I reported in this post.

I know I'm not alone playing a NS3 compact with an 88 weighted controller in Dual KB mode. It seems like such an obvious setup considering the Nord's power and flexibility. I'm surprised that there are so many little issues with the implementation.

Can anyone confirm these issues?
---------------------------------------
Nord Stage 3 Compact
Studiologic SL88 Grand
The CAT by Octave
Leslie 145
Silverface Bassman 70 + Custom 2x10" Cabinet
JBL PRX612 x 2
wjones

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby maxpiano » 20 Feb 2018, 17:00

MrTobbe wrote:
maxpiano wrote:@wjones

Sorry, but... since v1.24 - using the whole of Panel B in Dual KB mode is no longer possible...

You are correct, I forgot that "innovation" was introduced...
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum