Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Cool NS3 Piano Sounds

Postby NAKATOMI » 08 Feb 2018, 10:55

Hello everybody,

I have trouble creating really good piano sounds. either they sound too dry or too artificial. Can you help me in this regard? I would be glad.
NAKATOMI
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Cool NS3 Piano Sounds

Sponsor

Re: Cool NS3 Piano Sounds

Postby uzivogo » 08 Feb 2018, 11:42

Hi Nakatomi,
long time I used Roland and Yamaha Stuff. Now I am so happy to be a Nord user. I love these keyboards (Stage 3 comapct and A1).
When i first tried my new nord stage 3 compact I had the same impression than you. But I love my nords now.
When i read your question I had something in my mind....
Try for example the new Roland RD 2000. ( I had many gigs in the past years with RD 500 and 700 SX).
There you get the more "vanilla" sounds you might lke.
Nord is Nord. And the sound is different. And in a live situation it is very good. I studio or headphone area, you have this feeling that you describe in your post.
Maybe you will get better results when you use the EQ in your nord stuff. Like this I do for example. I can not recommend something to you, because I dont know your situation. (Live, studio, amp, headphone). And everybody´s ear is different.
Nord Stage 3 Compact
Nord Lead A1
Roland RD 700 SX
Yamaha Motif ES 7
Roland JV 1080
Oberheim Matrix 6
Roland VK 8 m
Hammond XK 1 c
uzivogo

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby NAKATOMI » 08 Feb 2018, 17:35

I did not write that I am of the opinion that the piano sounds of NS3 or North Clavia are bad.

I would only be happy if I could get some cool "vanilla" or similar sounds on this way.
Of course I know that I can work with the filters EQ or similar but somehow I do not get the special sound that I like.

So give yourself a jerk and show me which piano sound you feel good with. in the hope that my new favorite sound is
there, so rather a request and not as a critique of the factory sounds to understand
NAKATOMI
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby aureliopenna » 08 Feb 2018, 23:21

NAKATOMI wrote:I did not write that I am of the opinion that the piano sounds of NS3 or North Clavia are bad.

I would only be happy if I could get some cool "vanilla" or similar sounds on this way.
Of course I know that I can work with the filters EQ or similar but somehow I do not get the special sound that I like.

So give yourself a jerk and show me which piano sound you feel good with. in the hope that my new favorite sound is
there, so rather a request and not as a critique of the factory sounds to understand

Same problem here...
Let me know if you got it ;)
aureliopenna

Postby aureliopenna » 19 Feb 2018, 16:06

NAKATOMI wrote:Hello everybody,

I have trouble creating really good piano sounds. either they sound too dry or too artificial. Can you help me in this regard? I would be glad.

IMO I felt that piano sounds lost release and Ressonance level (even at 6db) on NS3. Maybe they are sounding dry because of that. But I might have an "affected" opinion...
aureliopenna

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)