We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience. If you "ACCEPT" setting, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Accept
All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Re: Gear Alert: new QSC K8.2

Postby cphollis » 07 Feb 2018, 00:38

Rusty Mike wrote:Yea, certain people can be dangerous :?

But just remember that Chuck is worse! :lol: :lol:

For what it’s worth, I bought some real nice covers from an eBay retailer known as Connie’s Covers. They’re made out of moving blanket material and just slide right on. They’re a perfect fit. I recall they were less than $75 for the pair.


I do what I can to help people spend their money :thumbup:
User avatar
cphollis
 
Posts: 489
Joined: 01 Mar 2013, 20:56
Location: Vero Beach, Fl
Country: United States of America
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 166 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 2

Re: Gear Alert: new QSC K8.2


Sponsor
 

Re: Gear Alert: new QSC K8.2

Postby Quai34 » 07 Feb 2018, 12:35

Not always, Chuck....You convince me to buy a Neo Vent 2 but two days after, you were saying both here Nd on your blog that finally, due to the fact that you needed to add a reverb after and that you were missing the presets, it was staying home and using it only as a backup....So, you can help people to SAVE money too....
:keyboard2:Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI Prophet 08+Tetra/P12+H9, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Basses:Ibanez SR1200+G&L L2000.Guitars:G&L Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna,Ibanez Artstar AS153
User avatar
Quai34
 
Posts: 1165
Joined: 01 Jan 2012, 23:02
Location: CANADA WINNIPEG
Country: Canada
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 176 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Re: Gear Alert: new QSC K8.2

Postby Mr_-G- » 08 Feb 2018, 21:31

Well, I would not believe everything that is published in the net... including this post.
User avatar
Mr_-G-
Moderator
 
Posts: 3155
Joined: 18 Aug 2012, 16:48
Has thanked: 900 times
Been thanked: 835 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: Gear Alert: new QSC K8.2

Postby cphollis » 10 Feb 2018, 05:18

Quai34 wrote:Not always, Chuck....You convince me to buy a Neo Vent 2 but two days after, you were saying both here Nd on your blog that finally, due to the fact that you needed to add a reverb after and that you were missing the presets, it was staying home and using it only as a backup....So, you can help people to SAVE money too....


Dude, I'm in the process of figuring out the ultimate signal chain for the B3 section. It matters. Everything else on the NS3 Compact is quite amazing.

Now that I have the band sound totally dialed in, it's my next goal. The key missing piece is a tube-based distortion thingie. But I'll find it. No, I wont' be able to press a preset and dial it up. But I think the hassle will be worth it.

And I'll share my experiences here.
Last edited by cphollis on 10 Feb 2018, 05:20, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
cphollis
 
Posts: 489
Joined: 01 Mar 2013, 20:56
Location: Vero Beach, Fl
Country: United States of America
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 166 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 2

Re: Gear Alert: new QSC K8.2

Postby Quai34 » 10 Feb 2018, 06:48

Good for me, don't worry, I'm in the same page in trying to improve my sound and the bands' sound as well, so, on this B3 best signal chain, I'm with you...The vent in member one on my "To Buy" list....
:keyboard2:Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI Prophet 08+Tetra/P12+H9, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Basses:Ibanez SR1200+G&L L2000.Guitars:G&L Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna,Ibanez Artstar AS153
User avatar
Quai34
 
Posts: 1165
Joined: 01 Jan 2012, 23:02
Location: CANADA WINNIPEG
Country: Canada
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 176 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Re: Gear Alert: new QSC K8.2

Postby sus_4 » 11 Feb 2018, 19:02

At our last home-venue gig, I played my Nord Stage 2 Compact / Studiologic SL88 Studio / CPS Spacestation III / Behringer B1200D Sub rig... Only, this time, I substituted the B1200D Sub with a QSC K8.2, set on the "Bass Amp" preset.

All my programs had a much clearer tone. And, the overall sound of the acoustic pianos (I use the Royal Grand, Silver Grand 3D, and Baby Upright) were greatly improved, especially when I played complex programs with added strings or pads in the mix. The "boxiness" that I usually encounter with the Nord pianos through the CPS SS3 was gone. Also, I didn't miss any low-end that you would expect from not using a dedicated sub. The K8.2 performed brilliantly as a sub-substitute!
Nord Stage 2 SW73, Nord Electro 2 61, Casio PX-5S, Roli Seaboard Rise/Block, Korg Monologue, Yamaha Reface CP/DX, Neo Instruments Ventilator, Allen & Heath ZED-10FX, CPS SpaceStation v.3, Behringer Eurolive B1200D-PRO.
User avatar
sus_4
 
Posts: 73
Joined: 09 Aug 2011, 00:46
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States of America
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Re: Gear Alert: new QSC K8.2

Postby cphollis » 13 Feb 2018, 15:49

sus_4 wrote:At our last home-venue gig, I played my Nord Stage 2 Compact / Studiologic SL88 Studio / CPS Spacestation III / Behringer B1200D Sub rig... Only, this time, I substituted the B1200D Sub with a QSC K8.2, set on the "Bass Amp" preset.

All my programs had a much clearer tone. And, the overall sound of the acoustic pianos (I use the Royal Grand, Silver Grand 3D, and Baby Upright) were greatly improved, especially when I played complex programs with added strings or pads in the mix. The "boxiness" that I usually encounter with the Nord pianos through the CPS SS3 was gone. Also, I didn't miss any low-end that you would expect from not using a dedicated sub. The K8.2 performed brilliantly as a sub-substitute!


Did you do the "lay the SSv3 face down and center the K8.2 on top" thing? I really liked the sound, but used the K8.2 with a flat response, and still got plenty of bass. In this configuration, the only bit you are using of the SSv3 is the side firing magic speaker. The rest of the audio duties are done by the K8.2 which is a significant improvement.
User avatar
cphollis
 
Posts: 489
Joined: 01 Mar 2013, 20:56
Location: Vero Beach, Fl
Country: United States of America
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 166 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 2

Re: Gear Alert: new QSC K8.2

Postby sus_4 » 14 Feb 2018, 14:02

sus_4 wrote:Did you do the "lay the SSv3 face down and center the K8.2 on top" thing? I really liked the sound, but used the K8.2 with a flat response, and still got plenty of bass. In this configuration, the only bit you are using of the SSv3 is the side firing magic speaker. The rest of the audio duties are done by the K8.2 which is a significant improvement.


I did not, but I will experiment with that setup in my studio, this weekend. What I did do is position the K8.2 just to the left of the SS3, on the floor (opposite side of the right-side firing speaker). I connected the SS3's sub-out to the line-in of the K8.2. I discovered, if the K8.2's gain is set too high, it's difficult to judge the volume of the SS3 and its throw to the audience. I found a happy sweet-spot with the SS3's knobs at 12 o'clock, and the K8.2's gain right around 10 o'clock (again, using the "Bass Amp" preset).
Nord Stage 2 SW73, Nord Electro 2 61, Casio PX-5S, Roli Seaboard Rise/Block, Korg Monologue, Yamaha Reface CP/DX, Neo Instruments Ventilator, Allen & Heath ZED-10FX, CPS SpaceStation v.3, Behringer Eurolive B1200D-PRO.
User avatar
sus_4
 
Posts: 73
Joined: 09 Aug 2011, 00:46
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States of America
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Re: Gear Alert: new QSC K8.2

Postby Johannes » 14 Feb 2018, 16:59

Interesting topic!
In fact, made my pull the trigger and finally get one (for now) K8.2 for different uses.
And can confirm many ovbservations made here. Very nice amped speaker, the APs sound great! For home use, the fan comes on very rarely ony after longer use, but absolutely tolerable/hardly noticable.
Still have to play with the different settings and optimizing the position, but very happy with the purchase!
User avatar
Johannes
Administrator
 
Posts: 1975
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 01:04
Location: Milano
Country: Italy
Has thanked: 576 times
Been thanked: 643 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Re: Gear Alert: new QSC K8.2

Postby cphollis » 14 Feb 2018, 18:07

Johannes wrote:Interesting topic!
In fact, made my pull the trigger and finally get one (for now) K8.2 for different uses.
And can confirm many ovbservations made here. Very nice amped speaker, the APs sound great! For home use, the fan comes on very rarely ony after longer use, but absolutely tolerable/hardly noticable.
Still have to play with the different settings and optimizing the position, but very happy with the purchase!


Congrats! I've recommended the K8.2s to maybe a dozen people, and none have been disappointed so far. Well, there was this one guy who plays in a stupidly loud band, but there's no helping him. :)

And, yes, it's one of the few amp solutions where the APs sound great out-of-the-box. Enjoy!

The author cphollis was thanked by:
Johannes
User avatar
cphollis
 
Posts: 489
Joined: 01 Mar 2013, 20:56
Location: Vero Beach, Fl
Country: United States of America
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 166 times
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 2

PreviousNext

Return to Accessories and Amplification



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests