We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience. If you "ACCEPT" setting, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Accept
Share your Synth Programs/Patches for the Nord Lead Series (NL, NL2, NL2x, NL3, NL4, Nord Lead A1)
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your program/patch.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Nord Lead A1: FM Piano with fine detuning OSC2, an utopy ?

Postby quicotte » 29 Jan 2018, 22:50

Hi,

I am a newcomer here, and really impressed by the patches quality I found here ( special thanks to Puukka ).

It's not totally clear to me how FM works on this synthesizer.

Of what I understand, FM on A1 works like this:
1. OSC2 is the modulator, and is always sinewave
2. [OSC CONFIG] detunes OSC2 by half-tone ( between -2 and +4 octaves )
3. [OSC CTRL] defines the FM amount from 0 to 100%
4. [OSC LFO AMT] makes varying the FM amount by LFO
5. [OSC MODENV AMT] makes varying the FM amount with parameters defined in MOD ENV

=> meaning for creating FM sounds, we can work on FM amount and OSC2 tuning by half-tone.

But, for example on a DX7, FM7, ... we can fine-detune the Modulator of several 'percents of semi tones', which results on a slow vibration that makes the sound more rich and, lets say 'organic' / 'orgasmic' / or whatever :p

SO SO my question is: it there a way ( or some 'magic cheat', why not? ) to get the same result on A1 ???

Thanks for reading, and thanks for answering ; )
Last edited by quicotte on 29 Jan 2018, 22:53, edited 2 times in total.
quicotte

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Nord Lead A1: FM Piano with fine detuning OSC2, an utopy ?

Sponsor

Return to Nord Lead Programs