General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

departure into a new time

Postby NAKATOMI » 18 Jan 2018, 00:44

Hello nord stage 3 owner,

I'm getting tired of eternally reading the comparisons between pro and contra NS 2 and the NS 3 sounds, operation and any differences between the two instruments. this was discussed in my opinion in countless postes.

In fact, we are talking about two different devices. you can also compare a Lamborghini with a Ferrari, both great cars with advantages and disadvantages, do not you think so?

Maybe it is even naive of us to expect from clavia out of the nothing to bring an instrument on the market what surpasses all previous, right?

why we do not accept the differences and enjoy the constant improvements that are gradually provided by clavia. I am convinced that each of us could now share 4-5 sounds which shows us the great pages of our ns 3 babys so that each of us has a very usable soundprotfolio on his instrument, is not it?

one must not forget that it also took years until there were numerous reference sounds for the ns2, I am convinced that our ns3 in a year be the much better model.

what do you think?
Last edited by NAKATOMI on 18 Jan 2018, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.

The author NAKATOMI was thanked by 2 members, including:
NordPHChillOnTheSun
NAKATOMI
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

departure into a new time

Sponsor

Re: departure into a new time

Postby snsbola » 18 Jan 2018, 01:00

NAKATOMI wrote:Hello nord stage 3 owner,

I'm getting tired of eternally reading the comparisons between pro and contra NS 2 and the NS 3 sounds, operation and any differences between the two instruments. this was discussed in my opinion in countless postes.

In fact, we are talking about two different devices. you can also compare a Lamborghini with a Ferrari, both great cars with advantages and disadvantages, do not you think so?

Maybe it is even naive of us to expect from clavia out of the nothing to bring an instrument on the market what surpasses all previous, right?

why we do not accept the differences and enjoy the constant improvements that are gradually provided by clavia. I am convinced that each of us could now share 4-5 sounds which shows us the great pages of our ns 3 babys so that each of us has a very usable soundprotfolio on his instrument, is not it?

one must not forget that it also took years until there were numerous reference sounds for the ns2, I am convinced that our ns3 in a year be the much better model.

what do you think?
You are absolutely spot-on!!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
snsbola

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby aureliopenna » 18 Jan 2018, 01:02

NAKATOMI wrote:Hello nord stage 3 owner,

what do you think?

Some got tired and some still wants to reading and listening to comparisons. I agree that is kind of annoying or at least boring at some moment.
But, If the forum exists and it is open to any user who owns a NORD instrument and there is no explicit impediment to this kind of post then I do not see any problem in continuing with that kind of post.
What I could recommend for those who do not like these kind of comparisons is simply not reading the topics and letting them there for anyone who might be interested.
aureliopenna

Postby NAKATOMI » 18 Jan 2018, 01:12

please do not misunderstand my lines, of course the discussion should not end.

I would be happy only if we are more and more concerned with the positive features and support each other with good sounds and tips instead of dealing exclusively with the initial deficits, nothing more
NAKATOMI
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby cphollis » 18 Jan 2018, 04:39

Yeah, I'm with you. My Nord Stage 3 Compact is a unique beast.

Sure, I've got plenty of experiences with past Nords, including a NS2 76.

Like you, I'm digging the board for what it does, and not whining over what it doesn't do. Its a new instrument, so approach it at that level.

All will be good.
I think I have gear issues ....

The author cphollis was thanked by 3 members, including:
NAKATOMIHobstersolmaster
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Postby Fallboard » 18 Jan 2018, 08:54

I love my NS3 (just got done in the shop to fix the modwheel, interested to know what they did). I agree for the simple, possibly selfish reason that I never had any NS keyboard before the 3 so these comparisons are utterly meaningless to me, and it'd be nice to maybe merge those conversations into a single thread. I can definitely see why some have anxiety that they aren't getting a sufficiently improved experience, but I think the features speak for themselves. I've already come to rely on the advanced morphing and seamless transitions for our act and don't know if I could do these things live without them. I hope to be playing that NS3 for years to come.
Nord Stage 3 Compact
2012 Steinway Model B
Kawai MP11
Sequential Prophet 10 Rev4
ASM Hydrasynth 49
Moog Matriarch
Yamaha MODx
Fallboard

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby solmaster » 18 Jan 2018, 14:22

cphollis wrote:Like you, I'm digging the board for what it does, and not whining over what it doesn't do. Its a new instrument, so approach it at that level.

Couldn't agree more! Loving the Stage 3 88.
solmaster

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby usrockband » 18 Jan 2018, 15:24

I thought the NS3 sounded far better than the NS2 from the very beginning, let alone also having the better design (OLED screens + I like the matte side panels). I never owned a Nord previous myself, but I had experience with an NS2 (which honestly I thought sounded not great) and an NS1EX.

You'll only ever read posts from people who have problems. People who don't (like myself) don't typically bother to write about it. That said I agree with you in that they are two completely different instruments and that both are in the ballpark of being as good as it gets.

The author usrockband was thanked by:
NAKATOMI
usrockband

Return to Nord Stage Forum