Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

HELP! Weird Knocking Noise from Rotary Sim!

Postby WaldenMod66 » 24 Dec 2017, 17:45

Happy Christmas Eve folks,

I was playing my NE5D this morning, through my Spacestation v2 and noticed a noise I've never noticed before through the amp. After trying to find the cause I arrived at these settings to isolate the noise/problem. I pulled out only the first drawbar only using the B3 sim via the Rotary sim and found that in the top octave (no octave shift), particularly G and A of the top octave made a really weird knocking sound when the Rotary was set to fast! Now, this was the same with 122 and 122Close, and with the Tone generator set to Clean. I also played via headphones and noticed it was still there, and played the notes with and without the Rotary effect! It's definitely coming via the Rotary, and when going from slow/stop to fast, you can hear it come in, a separate or layered sound/noise over the top of the organ sound. Almost sounds like wind, and almost makes a Nay like horse sound as it speeds up! It's really weird!! Anyone else getting this with these settings? I wonder if it's always been there, or whether the Rotary sim/organ sound has become corrupt. It really doesn't sound right at all! Can anyone help, explain or replicate this same problem?

Many Thanks in Advance.

Paul
WaldenMod66

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

HELP! Weird Knocking Noise from Rotary Sim!

Sponsor

Re: HELP! Weird Knocking Noise from Rotary Sim!

Postby Lee Batchelor » 27 Dec 2017, 15:23

Hi Paul,

The only anomaly I've heard from the B3 organs is the distortion that persists even when the distortion effect is all the way off. For some stupid reason, Nord thought it a good idea to leave about 5 percent dirt on all the time, unlike the real pristine B3 sound. The 4D B3 is absolutely clean when the distortion control is off. Could this have something to do with your issue? I'll fire up my 5D today and see if I hear anything.
Lee Batchelor

Postby WaldenMod66 » 16 Jan 2018, 23:12

@Pablo

Above, I have written a full explanation of the problem I am experiencing...didn't know if you could add any wisdom here? Or re-iterate this problem to Nord with reference to the latest OS update they are working on!?

All the Best

Paul
WaldenMod66

Postby benny ray » 17 Jan 2018, 01:52

I just want a clean B3 when I need one right now it's impossible.
benny ray

Postby formercakid » 17 Jan 2018, 16:09

Call Pablo Mastodon, Nord Technical Support at (800) 994-4984 x3030 Canada/USA and run your problem by him.
formercakid

Return to Nord Electro Forum