General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

NS3 A-PAN AMOUNT is disfunctioning

Postby jpag57 » 13 Jan 2018, 03:44

The A-PAN AMOUNT function on my NS3 appears to be disfunctioning - even when set to 10, the amount is weak.
FYI: My NS3 HA 88 is running OS v1.32. I've checked the ins, outs and audio settings - they appear fine.
jpag57

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

NS3 A-PAN AMOUNT is disfunctioning

Sponsor

Re: NS3 A-PAN AMOUNT is disfunctioning

Postby baekgaard » 13 Jan 2018, 12:10

We'd probably need a little more detail to be able to provide you with ideas of what to try out and why it isn't working as you expect it to. It works fine for me here.

Try to set up a simple epiano program in e.g. panel A, and enable the first effect. Ensure that the effect source is assigned to the plano section. Now lower the rate to 0 (and ensure it is not following the master clock), and try to turn the amount from 0 to 10. The sound should now gradually pan from left to right. Increase the rate to a low value of say 0.5 Hz and set the amount to 10. It should now alternate between fully left and right.

If it doesn't to so, ensure you haven't enabled the Mono function on the keyboard and that you are using proper monitoring and not have some accidental short or a part functioning adapter using headphones and that your cabling is correct.

Also, ensure other effects are disabled (including stereo delays and reverb).
Last edited by baekgaard on 13 Jan 2018, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

The author baekgaard was thanked by:
jpag57
baekgaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: NS3 A-PAN AMOUNT is NOT disfunctioning

Postby jpag57 » 17 Jan 2018, 01:16

After additional trouble shooting, I discovered that my audio interface's output settings had mysteriously changed. That's been amended and all is well with the NS3!
jpag57

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Return to Nord Stage Forum