General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

NS388 stucked on organ sound won't change program

Postby audiophil » 08 Jan 2018, 06:03

Hello,

This is my first post, and first Nord product. I purchased a Nord Stage 3 (HA88) a few days ago, I'm not really used to this keyboard yet as I just browsed factory programs for the first days, and today I started messing around with the organ section. At some point, playing with drawbars / vibrato / percussion/ rotary, panels A/B, etc. the organ sound started to sound weird and since this happened, no matter which program I choose with the program knob, there is always the organ sound playing, sometimes alone, sometimes with other sounds layered, even after powering off and on. There is no way to mute the organ sound even by unselecting the engine on both panels. No way to play piano anymore. Can someone let me know if I'm doing something wrong? Or there is a major bug or failure with my unit. I made a short video to show the problem just in case I need.

I assume there is a way to factory restore the piano but this is kind of odd.

Any suggestion welcome, thanks!

Phil
audiophil

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

NS388 stucked on organ sound won't change program

Sponsor

Re: NS388 stucked on organ sound won't change program

Postby spradders » 08 Jan 2018, 13:58

Hi Audiophil, sorry to hear this - it sounds like a problem with the keyboard. Normally you would just turn off the section on both panels - which you've tried. And changing to another setup should also change the organ depending on how it's saved in the setup. I presume you've also tried turning the synth section off on both panels, in case you're getting an organ-like sound from there?
Can you post your video so we can have a look?
spradders
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Postby audiophil » 08 Jan 2018, 20:51

Hello and thanks for your reply. Well, early this morning before going to work i quickly powered on the piano and everything was back to normal. I will try to reproduce the problem tonitht and let know the results. In the meantime i will post the video showing the problem i had yesterday.

Thanks for your support,
Regards
Phil
audiophil

Postby audiophil » 08 Jan 2018, 21:12

I found a way to shrink the video on my phone, so here it is.
Thanks

Phil
Attachments
4494ABFC-1396-40CE-B6FB-44E45652ECA1.MOV
(4.91 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
audiophil

Postby audiophil » 10 Jan 2018, 02:12

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue, I'll simply report back if this occurs again.

Phil
audiophil

Postby spradders » 15 Jan 2018, 15:06

Odd, it looks like you have Pending Load enabled (where the sound does not change until you confirm it), but they removed that feature from the Stage 3. It's hard to tell what's happening in the video because we don't see you look through Slot A and B and see what the organ section is doing, i.e. is it turned on, or off. But it looks like dodgy behaviour. Anyway good luck and let us know if it happens again.
spradders
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Return to Nord Stage Forum