This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: Nord Christmas Gift ?

Postby anotherscott » 02 Jan 2018, 19:42

kirsty wrote:From a business perspective, Nord buying a competitors keybed probably wouldnt generate enough extra interest to Nord to justify the cost

Maybe, but my point was that most competitors would probably be unwilling to sell Nord their keybed in the first place, it's not necessarily Nord's decision to make.

kirsty wrote:That said the CP4 is quite light for a decent full 88 key board at only 38.5 lbs. Almost Half an MP11 :o

Yes, the CP4 is one of the few lighter-than-Nord boards with a very well-regarded action.
anotherscott

Sponsor

Postby Dreamer » 03 Jan 2018, 09:11

analogika wrote:And five posts up, we have somebody wishing he could play another company’s sounds on the Nord keyboard...

I think it’s safe to say that there is absolutely no way Clavia can make everybody happy.

Enjoy the new upright, everybody. It’s pretty cool.

Maybe I do some nit-picking but isn't the entire Electro concept based on playing another company's sounds? :keyboard2:
Dreamer

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby Spider » 03 Jan 2018, 11:17

Dreamer wrote:... isn't the entire Electro concept based on playing another company's sounds? :keyboard2:

Well, if you look at it that way, then 99% of the keyboard market is made of "copying somebody else's instrument"
(acoustic pianos, Hammond, every sampler ever made, etc etc)
:lol:
Last edited by Spider on 03 Jan 2018, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby Dreamer » 03 Jan 2018, 11:39

The immature poet imitates; the mature poet plagiarizes.
—T. S. Eliot
Dreamer

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby analogika » 03 Jan 2018, 16:58

Dreamer wrote:
analogika wrote:And five posts up, we have somebody wishing he could play another company’s sounds on the Nord keyboard...

I think it’s safe to say that there is absolutely no way Clavia can make everybody happy.

Enjoy the new upright, everybody. It’s pretty cool.

Maybe I do some nit-picking but isn't the entire Electro concept based on playing another company's sounds? :keyboard2:

If you can point me to the company making new Mk1 Rhodes pianos, electromechanical Hammonds and Clavinets, sure. (There is Vintage Vibe, I guess...)

But to want to play somebody else’s imitation of a real instrument on an instrument designed by a company famous for imitating real instruments...?

What next - license the Uhl Hammond module and build it into the next Stage?
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum