This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

no sound on my nord lead 4 r

Postby adamreecemusic » 23 Dec 2017, 13:20

Hi can anybody help?

I just got my Nord Lead 4R desktop synth but I cannot get any sound. So far I have a Roland Keyboard connected to it via midi in and out and then the Nord connected to an interface via a jack which is then connected to my laptop via usb - but there is no sound at all - I think it might be a midi setting (ie reading midi usb not port) but don't know how to change what midi reads on the Nord itself as I only received it yesterday

Can anyone help?

Thanks
adamreecemusic

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4

no sound on my nord lead 4 r

Sponsor

Re: no sound on my nord lead 4 r

Postby analogika » 23 Dec 2017, 15:12

If you can’t be bothered to download the manual from the website and try to check or change the receive channel in the Nord, try changing the send channel on the Roland (there are 16).

You have connected the “outs” to the “ins”, and not “out” to “out”, right?
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: no sound on my nord lead 4 r

Postby Tasten-Bert » 23 Dec 2017, 15:56

Try with a headphone, plugged in the NL4R's headphone-out, if there is any sound. If so, your midi chain is okay. In this case please check, whether your laptop transmits an incoming sound directly to the speakers and "Volume" is up.
If there is no sound at NL4R's headphone-out, you rather check the midi settings as mentioned by analogika.
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to General Nord Forum