General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Mirroring Outputs on NS3

Postby Copia » 15 Dec 2017, 03:39

Fallboard wrote:
Oh jeez, how did that happen?

Tripped over the instrument cable and it torqued the cable jack just right and broke the plastic part of the channel jack on the exterior right off. Just crunched down slightly at an angle. It's been an ordeal. Nord doesn't cover it (which I wouldn't expect) and the nearest authorized repair is a two hour drive with a two week wait for the $135 repair job. All because my daughter asked me to play a song she could dance to right when I got home, and I was a little tired and sloppy stepping past the cord. Ho boy. :facepalm:
Last edited by Copia on 15 Dec 2017, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
Copia

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Sponsor

Postby MrTobbe » 15 Dec 2017, 04:45

Copia wrote:The rotary isn't working and I was going to ask if anyone had the same problem. Darn it; I won't be able to use organ like I want until I get this machine to an authorized repair shop two hours away. Thanks MrTobbe and baekgaard!

But the headphone out still works right? A simple insert-type y-cable connected to your mixer/amp, would be a decent,temporary fix, right? :)

https://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSSTP20?siid=814

Nord Stage 3 sw73
Viscount KeyB Legend Live
Leslie 3300
Korg M3-88, fully expanded
Hammond E112
and a lot more stuff...

The author MrTobbe was thanked by:
Copia
MrTobbe

Postby Copia » 15 Dec 2017, 05:25

MrTobbe wrote:
Copia wrote:The rotary isn't working and I was going to ask if anyone had the same problem. Darn it; I won't be able to use organ like I want until I get this machine to an authorized repair shop two hours away. Thanks MrTobbe and baekgaard!

But the headphone out still works right? A simple insert-type y-cable connected to your mixer/amp, would be a decent,temporary fix, right? :)

https://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSSTP20?siid=814

I suppose it would, yes. Thanks! I'm taking it in early next week, so a little too temporary to buy the cord. But I'm glad I can get it back to near-new condition at that point.
Copia

Postby mr_beam » 18 Dec 2017, 14:50

If you don't need stereo, couldn't you just enable the "Mono" button, and then have an identical (cloned) signal on 1 and 2?
Last edited by mr_beam on 18 Dec 2017, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
mr_beam

Postby Copia » 18 Dec 2017, 16:28

Would that be any different from sending one channel mono to both speakers, though?
Copia

Postby mr_beam » 19 Dec 2017, 10:15

How would you connect one channel to 2 speakers? For my understanding,this would require a splitter or a DI box, and I think the original question was to do this without additional equipment.
mr_beam

Postby anotherscott » 19 Dec 2017, 14:27

If you use the Nord's "mono" button, it should send the same (mono) signal to both the 1 and 2 outputs, so you could connect output 1 to one speaker/destination and output 2 to another, and they would all be getting the same signal with no additional splitters/etc. That's what mr_beam was suggesting. Copia's approach could also be accomplished by going mono into just one speaker, and in the case of most powered speakers, the speaker itself will have an output to daisy-chain to a second speaker. But you'd still want to use the Mono button on the Nord, to make sure your mono signal included all information from both the left and right channels.
anotherscott

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum