General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: My awesome Nord Stage 3 Compact?

Postby Hobster » 11 Dec 2017, 21:22

DJKeys wrote:I did see that.

What type of material do you play that prevents you from using the Stage 3 without the ability to load samples? Original music, cover music?

I am just curious, thanks-

-dj

Someone else hijacked your question! :)

I play in a band doing 60s/70s British rock and pop, particularly (Small) Faces & Bowie.
Specifically, the samples I use include the intro from I Know What I Like and my own recording of the Mr Blue Sky vocoded bits.
There are a few others like the police siren intro to Blockbuster and the airplane landing noise for Back in the USSR that I could possibly synthesise, but it's easier with the samples :)

Cheers, Hob
Hobster

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Sponsor

Postby alcools » 11 Dec 2017, 21:49

DJKeys wrote:I did see that.

What type of material do you play that prevents you from using the Stage 3 without the ability to load samples? Original music, cover music?

I am just curious, thanks-

-dj

I'm using a Nord stage 3 in live, but my songs are made with few other synths, soI need to sample them. And I have sold some of them. And sometimes, I'm using drums loops in some songs. And sometimes, I need more than 2 synth sound in a song, and I can use multi-sounds samples.
Actual synth: Nord Modular G2 - Nord Stage 3 73 - Virus Ti2 - Peak - Prophet 6
Before: Nord Lead 3 & 4, Stage 1&2, Wave, Virus C, DSI Tetra, P12, and few others...
alcools

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Modular

Postby BuckW » 12 Dec 2017, 04:44

I like to use aftertouch to change Leslie speed, not possible with electro keyboard.
BuckW

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum