Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: I'm weird but I think I prefer the Electro 2 to the 5D

Postby anotherscott » 02 Dec 2017, 16:17

pienisti wrote:Could somebody tell me is it possible to use the latest piano library sounds with the electro 2, or are the files too large?

Not just too large, but also different file format. The available grand pianos are at http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libr ... and-pianos some of which are adapted versions of some of the sounds from later models. There are also electric grands and electric pianos available.
anotherscott

Sponsor

Postby ACCORDIONMAN » 11 Dec 2017, 23:39

Ok, I'm going to chip in here too. Totally agree with the OP about simplicity of the NE2. It was great.

I have the NE5 and I basically use it like a workstation with lots of presets/splits/layers already set up.

It's not as good for setting up like this as my old Yamha Motif (which was very powerful in that way with more options) BUT (stay with me here Nord people!) my conclusion is the NE5 is a great keyboard. Because :

1) Its tiny and I can carry it on my back.
2) The raw sounds/wave forms for the bread and butter sounds piano/rhodes/organ/clav are MUCH better than the Motif IMO.
3) I can still do all my other main sounds (strings/brass/some leads).
4) I have a degree of hands on control ovver the sounds I didn't have on the Motif.

So overall, it's a good compromise to me for now.
ACCORDIONMAN
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum