Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Blew my Fuse in Europe - Nord Electro 4HP

Postby MrSilverberg » 20 Nov 2017, 20:12

Hey All,

I just got back from a short tour run in the Netherlands. At the first venue, they had me all set up to use my American version of the Nord Electro 4HP. At the second venue, they had something wrong. I'm not sure what, but they plugged it in, turned it on. It went on, then shut off. I checked the fuse. It is clearly blown.

2 Questions

1) Should I be concerned that more damage has been done? Could it be worse than just a blown fuse?

2) Assuming it is just a blown fuse, what type of fuse do I need? Forgive me - I'm completely uneducated when it comes to electronics. I play the keys...that's what I do lol.

Thanks in advance!
MrSilverberg

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Blew my Fuse in Europe - Nord Electro 4HP

Sponsor

Re: Blew my Fuse in Europe - Nord Electro 4HP

Postby pablomastodon » 21 Nov 2017, 06:20

Your American Nord is/was set up to run on 115v mains power. Connecting it to 230v mains power is a REALLY BAD IDEA. It is likely that there is power supply damage to your instrument. If you got away with only a blown fuse, YOU ARE REALLY LUCKY!!!

Please contact me at work if you'd like to to discuss in greater detail.

Bless, Pablo
Nord Tech Support Canada/USA
pablo.mastodon@americanmusicandsound.com
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Re: Blew my Fuse in Europe - Nord Electro 4HP

Postby RobRudie » 24 Nov 2017, 15:46

Exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago (second time). I had a technician trace the problem and the transformer is blown. Last time, it was just the fuse. I can't find a source for the part. In order to rely on the voltage toggle inside the keyboard, you have to replace the fuse holder to accommodate a 150 milliAmp fuse (for European use). To that end, I'm looking for the European version of the transformer card, with the 150 holder already in place. Something tells me I'm in for an extended and expensive search. Once the part is in hand, it's simple to swap out the cards.
RobRudie

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Return to Nord Electro Forum