General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Nord Sample Editor NS3 - Please Nord!

Postby Gambold » 20 Nov 2017, 17:22

> I think a more probable cause is that Clavia didn't expect to have so much trouble resorting all the bugs in the Stage 3 OS,<

While I've "defended" Clavia for the delay by minimizing the need for the sample software (and apparently I misread that need)...it does need to be said that Clavia pushed a product on the market that wasn't ready to be there.

It's not just the Sample Editor - this forum is swimming with other Stage 3 issues too. Nord users are a high-functioning group, this isn't another Yamaha board for the masses. Clavia needs to fully beta-test their products with real players in the field, not Clavia employees in the shop, and make sure they are ready to go. Minor bug fixes can always be expected but the problems reported on this board are not minor.

Their pricing is too high, and their users are too professionalized, for it to be any other way. Whoever is in charge of marketing over there needs to take some ownership of this, not just sell ads.
Last edited by Gambold on 20 Nov 2017, 19:14, edited 2 times in total.
Gambold

Sponsor

Postby analogika » 20 Nov 2017, 20:14

I'm not going to disagree with you there.

Except that the Yamaha Montage is aimed at a similarly high-profile market (and not "another Yamaha board for the masses"), and it shipped with some pretty show-stopperbugs which weren't fixed until after months — including massive latency problems, among others.

Also, the Yamaha Mac software for the Motif always royally sucked. Not sure if the Montage stuff is better.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Fallboard » 20 Nov 2017, 20:56

Holy hell can someone please put this thread out of its misery?
Nord Stage 3 Compact
2012 Steinway Model B
Kawai MP11
Sequential Prophet 10 Rev4
ASM Hydrasynth 49
Moog Matriarch
Yamaha MODx

The author Fallboard was thanked by:
analogika
Fallboard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby analogika » 20 Nov 2017, 21:58

Fallboard wrote:Holy hell can someone please put this thread out of its misery?

:oops:

What started out as kinda necessary but ultimately unproductive venting has been circling the drain ever since.

Some good points were made on all sides, and I have nothing but respect (and sometimes amusement) for the people I've disagreed with, but: this thing is so done, indeed.

:wave:
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
analogika

Postby Gambold » 20 Nov 2017, 22:42

I agree - I'll bail. But is anyone willing to PHONE Clavia and stay on the line until they get a human to tell them what's up with the Sample Editor?

Might be interesting to see what happens, when someone actually dares to try and talk to the Wizard.

Clavia Phone: ***
Last edited by Johannes on 21 Nov 2017, 13:14, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Please respect the forum rules, which includes not posting personal details, emails, phone numbers. In case, referring to publicly available websites is an alternative. Thank you.
Gambold

Postby Gospelkeys » 20 Nov 2017, 22:47

I contacted them and offered to help beta test. They said they would "keep it in mind". At least they responded :-) .

I'm sure it will be any day now.....
Gospelkeys

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Postby catosim » 22 Nov 2017, 19:23

Nordkeyboards: "A compatible version will be released soon. Stay tuned! "

Reminds of this conversation:
My daughter: "Daddy when will you be finished?"
Me: "Soon!"
My daughter: "How long is soon??" :lol: :lol:
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland JD08, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B
catosim

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Postby kbrkr » 22 Nov 2017, 19:50

My daughter didn't spend $3599.00 to wait for me to complete whatever it is you are referring to.

I equate the lack of sample handling in the NS3C issue to purchasing a new vehicle with a Bose Sound and Navigation system, and only getting the speakers instead of head unit and the speakers and thus you can't use the radio, navigation, etc.

When I purchased this keyboard, the Sample Editor was scheduled to ship BEFORE delivery of the keyboard. If I had known that it would be this late, I would NOT have purchased this keyboard.

Perhaps we get it for Thanksgiving? That would be fitting for those of us in the States.
kbrkr
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby analogika » 22 Nov 2017, 20:01

More like - everything in the car works just fine, but you cannot connect your own MP3 player (yet).

This may be hardly relevant to a lot of people, but absolutely central to others, while hardly touching the main functionality of the product proper.
analogika

Postby lordy » 22 Nov 2017, 20:15

Nord is making a mistake, acting with no acts.
Soon... I am composer, with hours spent to make my own sounds, that i need now. Bravo Nord ! I'll remember
lordy

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage Forum