General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Does the Digital Pianos and Layers fit in the Classic Stage?

Postby catosim » 13 Nov 2017, 00:18

Hi

Its been a while (years) since I downloaded pianosamples for the classic stage, and didn´t get to try the samples in the categories Digital Pianos and Layers.
I´ve sent the Classic stage away to a possible buyer, and therefore I can´t checkout myself wether these samples (V5.3) fits in the Classic stage.
If they do, where do do they appear, since these categories doesn´t exist in the "hardware" knobs?

Regards Cato
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland JD08, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B
catosim

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Does the Digital Pianos and Layers fit in the Classic Stage?

Sponsor

Re: Does the Digital Pianos and Layers fit in the Classic St

Postby maxpiano » 13 Nov 2017, 09:12

It should be tested, but I think they would load in some "wrong" category, as they did on the NS2 before the OS update. Anyway the category in itself is not an issue from a practical standpoint, i.e. it does not prevent from playing those .npnos as any other.
Last edited by maxpiano on 13 Nov 2017, 09:17, edited 5 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Does the Digital Pianos and Layers fit in the Classic St

Postby catosim » 13 Nov 2017, 13:38

Anyway the category in itself is not an issue from a practical standpoint

I should think that it doesn't matter the lack of category, probably will appear in the e-piano section.
Anyway, I was hoping that maybe someone had any experience with this.
In theory the NS classic should be able to read all v5.3 samples (with the correct OS updates), as long as there are enough internal memory.

Cato
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland JD08, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B
catosim

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage Forum