Possibility of adding to Nord Piano Library

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
Fallboard
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Re: Possibility of adding to Nord Piano Library

Post by Fallboard »

For real tho, the whole point of buying this keyboard was so that I wasn't reliant on a computer to play back my samples. I know I can sample my Steinway using the Sample Editor (at some point) but it won't have the kind of depth and tweakability that the Piano Library would have and honestly, neither would a SoundFont.
Nord Stage 3 Compact
2012 Steinway Model B
Kawai MP11
Sequential Prophet 10 Rev4
ASM Hydrasynth 49
Moog Matriarch
Yamaha MODx
anotherscott

Re: Possibility of adding to Nord Piano Library

Post by anotherscott »

Fallboard wrote:For real tho, the whole point of buying this keyboard was so that I wasn't reliant on a computer to play back my samples. I know I can sample my Steinway using the Sample Editor (at some point) but it won't have the kind of depth and tweakability that the Piano Library would have and honestly, neither would a SoundFont.
What won't a soundfont let you do, that you'd expect to be able to do with a Sample Editor that supported the piano library?

Anyway, it's pretty academic, as we have no reason to think that Nord intends to open the piano library up to user samples, or that the typical Nord owner is up for creating them. Nord's never been about letting you do whatever you want, but about doing the most commonly needed things easily. For the other, people buy a Kronos!