General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Classical music on NS3... some videos?

Postby ChillOnTheSun » 12 Nov 2017, 13:42

Is there any new user of Nord Stage 3 88 who is capable to play more advanced classical music as for example Beethoven's 3rd movement of Moonlight Sonata or some Rachmaninov...it should be very helpful to see or hear some videos, how the keyboard is responding with that heavy music. Or any experiences from users yet? There are some videos on net, but only very light and slow classical piano music. I mean, how the keybed responses when you need to put all your weight into it. I have no chance to try it myself yet.
Last edited by ChillOnTheSun on 12 Nov 2017, 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
ChillOnTheSun

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Classical music on NS3... some videos?

Sponsor

Re: Classical music on NS3... some videos?

Postby Fallboard » 12 Nov 2017, 17:25

Ive played some classical, a bit of Rachmaninoff and the like on my NS3 Compact. The waterfall keys are surprisingly good but not great for classical. As for the 88 version if they are still using the same Fatar keybed from before I think you might be hard pressed to faithfully recreate some of the extremely nuanced portions of say, the Ossia Cadenza from the Rach 3 or anything from Scarlatti but I don't see how most Beethoven would be a problem on it, Moonlight Sonata included.

If you want a serious digital piano for classical music I would recommend Casio if it needs to be liftable and Kawai if you can keep it in your studio.
Last edited by Fallboard on 12 Nov 2017, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 Compact
2012 Steinway Model B
Kawai MP11
Sequential Prophet 10 Rev4
ASM Hydrasynth 49
Moog Matriarch
Yamaha MODx
Fallboard

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby ChillOnTheSun » 12 Nov 2017, 19:12

Well, I meant Stage 3 88. I played all Casios, Kawais, Kurzweils etc. ... but I hoped that there is some person who plays this very prestissimo stuff on it... well and moonlight sonata, the 3rd movement is pretty speedy..I know differences between the keybeds, just to wanted meet someone who is using stage 3 88 for this kind of music or hoped to see or hear it.
ChillOnTheSun

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby lucnb » 28 Nov 2021, 20:49

@ChillOnTheSun have you found the answer elsewhere? I have exactly the same problem. My top priority is to have a piano which is as suitable to play prestissimo-heavy classical stuff like Kawais, etc., but it would be nice to have as a bonus powerful sound capabilities like NS3 has...

I haven't played for years now so I cannot judge myself.
lucnb

Postby Schorsch » 29 Nov 2021, 00:03

Hi lucnb,

welcome to this forum!

I played a couple of classic piano stuff on my Stage 2 EX88 and my Stage 3 88 and found both not being very capable for really fast parts and repetitions, because the keybed is a bit too slow. I haven’t tried the Nord Piano or Grand keybeds but from what I read they might do this job better. For now I play classics on my acoustic piano only.
Last edited by Schorsch on 29 Nov 2021, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage Forum