Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Electro 61/73/Stage Compact/Fatar TP8O issue

Postby heavy_keys » 10 Nov 2017, 17:05

Hi everyone,

I just bought an NS 2 EX 73, brand new/factory sealed and...

...The keybed is as I read on the forum - a little bit too springy (not quite a problem). I was somehow aware of Fatar keybed drawbacks (especially hammer-action ones) used by Nord and Kurzweil, leaving me no choice than picking the simplest and smallest/lightest one (semi-weighted/waterfall), hoping for lower noise and less possible problems. I also have an Yamaha CP40 for heavier keys anyway...

There is though some minor issue that bothers me:

- Besides the general physical noise of the keys (springs, resonance of the metal body), there is a key (F5, the second F from middle C to the right) that has a particular and annoying "ticking" when pressed medium-to-hard. I'm using this boards just at home for my personal pleasure and with my headphones on, this is the only noise that I can hear from the keybed. I repeat, it's a physical/mechanical noise (it does not affect the audio output or functionality/velocity of that key). I would describe it as "a sharp tick" when the key is pressed medium/hard and nothing when depressed. It's like some small piece of metal or plastic is hitting another part of metal/plastic etc. I can also press the key softly near the bottom (no noise) and then apply some pressure to get that "tick". I could also describe it as "a piece of plastic cracking" but it couldn't crack every time I press that key, right?

I'd appreciate any thoughts/suggestions from the forum members that experienced similar issues with this keybed in Stage Compact or Electro...

Thanks,

h_k

PS: I'm reposting here aswell for Electro users that don't visit the "Nord Stage Forum"...
heavy_keys

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Electro 61/73/Stage Compact/Fatar TP8O issue

Sponsor

Return to Nord Electro Forum